SLC Shop Fail

Discussion in 'Prime' started by dieseltrooper, Jul 1, 2015.

1. dieseltrooper

dieseltrooper Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2014
    OKC,OK
    Rigmaster apu with internal coolant leak. When I pulled out of the shop and parked, the APU shut down 30min later for...low coolant. Got coolant from parts and topped off tank.
    The next day, the apu died again showing oil press code, then a few failed restarts later, engine fail code.
    Is the current fail due to shop? I don't know, but it does not inspire confidence.
    The good news about apu fail is since my fuel bonus is gone until the apu is replaced, might as well set it at 62 and go. Idle all night and then run a parked regen during morning pre-trip.
    As for SLC shop: IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, WHEN WILL YOU HAVE TIME TO DO IT OVER?

NavigatorWife and 123456 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. McCauley

McCauley Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2013
    If you've read my recent whining in the Rigmaster thread, the PM I talk about there was done in SLC.

dieseltrooper Thanks this.
  4. dieseltrooper

Mar 16, 2014
    OKC,OK
    I searched and came up with a bunch of threads. Can ya link me? Thx!

5. dieseltrooper

Mar 16, 2014
    OKC,OK
  6. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    low oil pressure, low coolant, dies when the ac comes on, wont cool worth a lick when it's hot outside; this stuff is "normal". :rolleyes:

7. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    Don't remember how many problems have been created by the shops with APU's. Husband threatened to take and leave it in the parking lot one time. It was worked on twice in one day and as soon as he left, broke down again.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  8. dieseltrooper

Mar 16, 2014
    OKC,OK
    I did find out from a fellow jim palmer driver that only the first 50 of our cascadias got the rigmaster. After that, all tripac.

9. michaelg

michaelg Light Load Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Michigan
    Yeah I dunno.. mine hasn't had AC for going on two months. TA won't touch it and frankly don't care to have the shop spend time on it either. I bought a large fan to move some air around in there at night.

Kinda prefer the tripaks myself. Had a pretty good one on my last truck and didn't spew out anywhere near the choking exhaust that the rigmasters do.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  10. purpleprime

purpleprime Medium Load Member

May 30, 2013
    spickard, mo
    In the prime mechanics defense you can't polish a turd !!!!! The CRAPMASTER is junk no matter who works on it

11. McCauley

McCauley Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2013
    Yeah, I don't think anyone will disagree with that. A Rigmaster is flat out faulty equipment.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.