Slip seat radio box

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Bob Dobalina, May 15, 2016.

1. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    I wish I had the tools and skills to fabricate my own aluminum box. My wish list would have space for my radio, external speaker, and siriusxm radio all in a compact little cube. We have aux inputs and decent stereos in our trucks, so I wouldn't need a stand-alone stereo with speakers in it.

I might design my own. I'm a genius with cardboard and duct tape.

TheDude1969 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    We bought two of these years ago. Still working great. Not cheap, also built a wood one based off this one.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  4. davew48

davew48 Light Load Member

May 24, 2016
    Wyoming, Pennsylvania
  5. kbello24

kbello24 Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2016
    New Jersey
    About your idea. I'm actually looking for tips on what to do for mine. I'm a slip seat road driver but I don't really want to carry a huge radio box. I have my speaker for music just need to find a successful way to mounting my cb to my dash on a Mack and frieghtliner without it moving or bouncing.

6. peabody830

peabody830 Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2017
    K 40 make several different one you can put a cb and a stero in they come ready to go .I go to a place in Hubbard Ohio called eastern communication Inc.

7. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    New technology allows velcro a Bose Bluetooth speaker on CB to compensate for the crappy stereo in truck..My preferred CB location is on the dash. I have adapted vise grip mounts for guys( a little welding) so they can fasten to passenger step. Just not a whole lot of metal locations on trucks unless you start mounting behind cab

8. mike5511

mike5511 Road Train Member

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    I haven't made one but my idea was something like this: 1/4" or so thick board a little bigger than the radio. Cover it maybe in some of that stuff like car trunks are lined with now days. Staple some heavy duty fabric to the bottom of the board (old blue jean material) and leave a hole to pore in beans, dried peas, maybe even some clean sand, which might work the best. The weight should hold it in place. You could lay a piece of that cabinet lining stuff under it to keep it from slipping as well. Sitting here thinking about this, I like the sand idea the best I think. Pretty simple, but I think it would work.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.