Slow Freight

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by Thediamond13, May 13, 2015.

1. Thediamond13

Thediamond13 Light Load Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Anyone experiencing slow freight? It usually seems like it picks up more by now.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    The whole business is slowed down a bit. I've been keeping busy, but I've been in the right place at the right time.

4. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    A bit slower. It will kick off again, not to worry. Just let it be a lesson to run hard and keep running hard when the going is good so when slow times happen you can rest easy ...

dannythetrucker and Ssand Man Thank this.
  5. Thediamond13

Thediamond13 Light Load Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Salt Lake City, UT
    we've kept busy, just waiting for the over the top busy :)

6. ShortBusKid

ShortBusKid Heavy Load Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Vegas
    It's been slow for me this year. Mainly because I turn down a lot of the garbage rates I've been offered. Sure fuel is down but if I save .20 a mile on fuel but you're offering .40 a mile less than last year who is making that .20? Anyway, been a little better last couple weeks so hopefully it will straighten out.

7. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    What with the costs of EVERYTHING going up, (particularly beef,) it could be that people are cutting back in their buying, so merchants are cutting back in their buying so grocery warehouses are cutting back in their buying. . .:(

enicolasy Thanks this.
  8. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    The mega local monopoly private held supermarket ( Giant Eagle ) is through the roof with meat prices. Plenty of friends and family simply refuse to buy there and skip to the other low cost quality markets.

On the dry freight side, My terminal simply can't keep up with demand. Excessive OT

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  9. 2old2care

2old2care Bobtail Member

May 10, 2015
    People have less disposable income this year then in the previous years. Millions of Americans lost there tax check to fines for not having health care coverage. And now people are forced into buying health insurance and cutting back on other things to pay for it. The trickle down effect of Obama care. Unfortunately this means less goods are being shipped. I project the whole summer is going to be slower then in previous years. As people will continue to cut back on spending. To save up to have a decent Christmas. This time next year it will be slower even longer. And the holiday rush won't be as good as in previous years. So I figure in early 17 the health care laws will be over turned due to serious economical problems. So hang tight if you can. The next few years are going to be rough at best.

10. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    I get a discount at the company store hardly ever shop at Giant Eagle any more.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.