Slt/tsmt is a great company for teams

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Midnightrider909, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    We have been driving for SLT for 4 months now and they have kept every promise that they made during recruiting. How refreshing in this industry that you actually get the benefits that they promised. We started off at 1050 per week and are now at 1200 per week each plus mileage bonuses. We drive between two and three thousand miles a week compared with between 5 and 6000 in our previous job and the pay is better! If you are an established team with over one year of experience and can obtain a security clearance and have a good driving record this is the company to go to. I have read some negative information about SLT on the trucker's report and I want to tell you that it is entirely false. The per diem allowance that they talk about is optional so you can take it in your check or get a bigger refund at the end of the year. SLT just bought tsmt but tsmt has better contracts and exclusive permits so the company will soon be rebranded as tsmt and maybe a different name shortly in the future. If you are thinking about changing companies feel free to post questions on here and I will answer them as soon as I am able.

Shortthouse Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ruthiesly2

ruthiesly2 Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2013
    wow... sounds like we all have the same story to tell about SLT. ;-) The mileage bonus is enough to cover the cash advances we take to keep our spending on a budget. The daily pay plus per diem does net over $1000 each per week once you get enough credentials in place. We are still lacking the Quebec permit but not in a huge hurry... we'll get 'er done after the first of the year. Hoping things smooth out with the merger. I was not happy that the after hours folks we've spent 6 months building a relationship with were not on the other end of the line when we called in this weekend. If our dispatcher does not answer on Monday, I will not be a happy camper. Fingers crossed there aren't too many other changes... we finally found a company that treats us right...

Shortthouse and Midnightrider909 Thank this.
  4. FayettenamTrucker

FayettenamTrucker Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2018
    Are you still at TSMT?

5. Midnightrider909

Oct 26, 2016
    We are now owner ops with TSMT. Rates have gone up across the industry though while TSMT pays the same. I don’t think company drivers should go with tri-state before exploring other options. Try Boyle first.

6. FayettenamTrucker

FayettenamTrucker Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2018
    so that notion you can make 1400-1700 a month is definitely false? Correct?

7. Midnightrider909

Oct 26, 2016
    1700 is BS. We never came close to that in our year and a half as company drivers. As owner ops we regularly make more than that but our expenses have also increased and we no longer get health insurance. I think the base pay if you have a clearance is 1200 per week and you get mileage bonuses on top of that. When we switched over to owner up we were getting 1200 each per week plus we split $.18 per loaded mile and probably averaged about 3000-3500 miles per week loaded. We probably dead headed About per week which had no bonus.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.