Snake oil at East St Louis Pilot (exit 4 i70 illinois)

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by phroziac, Jun 12, 2010.

1. CommDriver

CommDriver Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2006
    I was at some small TA in North Carolina on I-40 about a month ago and a driver tried to sell me a new video camera right out of the box. They were very nice with hard drive and flip screen. He had a whole box of them, probably 20 or more. He said the box was damaged so the receiver refused them. I said , yeah right.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. droy

droy Heavy Load Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Iowa, LA

Pretty sharp parts guy in my area told me that the main ingredient for a lot of polishes is charcoal starter......yep, the same stuff you use to fire up the old pit- try it.

RAILSPLITTER Thanks this.
  4. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    wait wait wait, SELLING a 7 year old?

5. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    It could be true...

man once i was at the ta in gary and a black guy was on the radio trying to sell roadking 56 mics for $20, brand new. Some guy got on, said "We dont want your stolen #### n*****...". Oooh, he got pissed. He kept going, wheres that white boy at?! im gonna teach him a lesson!

I was almost scared to get out of my truck, guy sounded like he was going to beat up the next white guy he saw..haha...

Interesting. To be perfectly honest im going to mix me up a batch of this miracle baking soda stuff later. It *WORKS*, so if i get it for the fair price of 10 cents a bottle.....why the hell not!

maybe someone will ask me what it is and i can offer to sell it to them haha

6. ANGRYTRUCKINGGUY

ANGRYTRUCKINGGUY Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2010
    hellpaso, tx
    I go straight to the front of the line. If someone is knocking on trucks and harassing drivers it's not your problem it's the problem for the managers, we just need to help them to understand that.

7. RAILSPLITTER

RAILSPLITTER Medium Load Member

May 2, 2009
    Coronado, CA
    SNAKE OIL?????????????

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY DRIVER TO USE THAT CLASSIC EXPRESSION......................................

GOOD 2 B BACK, AND I MISSED Y'ALL............................................ :biggrin_2559: :biggrin_25523: :biggrin_2559:

"THIS IS SEWIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

8. RiverOtter

RiverOtter Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Lexington, KY
    Because most of them don't have any security officers on the premises to deal with it. For example - The Pilot's in Birmingham, Atlanta, and Denver all have security. The Pilot's in Boonville, MO, Sallisaw, OK, and Tyler, TX don't.

You can go in and complain to the store manager, who may do something about it, but will most probably just call the local police/sheriff's department. Then, they've got to come out there - which depends on how busy they are or aren't at the moment.

Plus, the panhandlers, peddlers and lot lizards aren't stupid - they're not going to go where there's a chance of being arrested, they'll stick to the smaller, more out of the way truckstop.

RAILSPLITTER Thanks this.
  9. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    Yes, but she was actually five or six. I was in my bunk when I heard this exchange and jumped forward to see WTF...the driver next to me had read the subhuman individual the riot act and he was walking away with her. I turned on the radio and heard there was already something in place to handle it or I would have shown him how well an Apache can sneak and use a knife. Nobody bought (of course) but they tracked him to the back part of the TS...the big dirt area. I suppose he's lucky all he got was a good butt-stomping. Some guys (and gals) out here would have buried him.

What I found disturbing is he was there at all. Apparently there are some among us who will pay for something like that. Ooohh...if I could get my hands on them!

Panhandle flash and RAILSPLITTER Thank this.
  10. RAILSPLITTER

RAILSPLITTER Medium Load Member

May 2, 2009
    Coronado, CA
    I hear ya, Injun.................. scalping isn't good enough for these types, perhaps impalement would be a better option, "10-4?" :biggrin_25523:

11. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    The box was damaged when it "fell off the back of the truck."

As to the animal trying to sell his child? Yes, it happens. It may or may not have even been his own child. Unfortunately there ARE other animals out there who would "buy." IMHO, they should ALL be "put down.":biggrin_25510:

Panhandle flash Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.