Snake oil at East St Louis Pilot (exit 4 i70 illinois)

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by phroziac, Jun 12, 2010.

1. freightlinerfever11

freightlinerfever11 Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2010
    East of the Rockies
    man if i dont go to east st louis unless i have too thats for sure

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. thedrifter

thedrifter Medium Load Member

May 23, 2010
    portland or.
    I have used baking soda for years on my metal. It does a nice job on glass too. as for the panhandlers. When I drove in the 80's and 90's they had anything you could want. as for that thing with the child I would go to jail for stompping a mud hole in him gladly. Like I told my ex's new hubby after he spanked my son with a spoon on his naked butt. I don't mind going back to prison for a good cause. That would be a good cause.

4. JimDriv3r

JimDriv3r Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Is
    This story reminds me of the guys at the Pilot in North Las Vegas that either want to sell you crap that you can't use, or polish the rims on the truck.

I once told a guy: "Man, do you see who's name is on the side of this truck that I'm driving? Do you honestly think that I make enough money to just give away to you like that? I'm barely making it myself out here."

There's always that deafening silence right after.

5. groundpounder

groundpounder Road Train Member

Nov 13, 2009
    those scumbags have no shame......

6. JDFitz

JDFitz Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    That stuff is easy to make. The base is charcoal lighter fluid,mix with a partial ground up buffing compound bar. Seen it done before.

7. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    I carry all the locator guides for the major truck stops. When anyone knocks on my door especially when I'm asleep I pull the guide out and make a call on the cell. I've never not seen someone from the truck stop come out to get the pan handler or lizard off the property. The funniest was them chasing this drunk all around the parking lot of the "J" at Kingman! The CB was going nuts!

8. blackw900

blackw900 The Grandfather of Flatbed

Jul 12, 2009
    A.W.O.L
    I don't go to Pilots and I try to avoid Flying J's if it's at all possible...

I was in Cedar City, UT. one day and this guy walks up and start telling me about this miracle cleaner that he's got and wants to demonstrate it for me so I let him wash a window so I could get a look at the stuff.

He went on to tell me that it was only available through a TV offer and that he had a buddy that worked in the warehouse where they distributed it from that got a "deal" on it and he would sell it to me for $10 a bottle which was "less than half price!"

I opened my jockey box and pulled a bottle of it out and said..."$1.00 a bottle at the Dollar Tree!"
    He just smiled and said "Hey, You can't blame a guy for tryin'."

I agree with him.

If you're dumb enough to buy ANYTHING from ANYONE at a truckstop You deserve what you get!

9. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    I bought a used dvd from a guy at the terminal at werner a while back, guy was quitting and just needed to get rid of stuff. Then i left the dvd in his truck and didnt realize it til i was a state away. :( :( lol

What was the cleaner?

I love when guys hit up the walmart $1 dvds and then head to the truckstop to try to sell them for $2 to $5.....rofl!

I told my trainer (from werner) about this experience in east st louis though. HE BOUGHT IT. Like, seriously, he bought the baking soda and water metal polish from the same guy that tried to sell it to me! rofl waffles....

Oh yeah, as for pilots. I hate em too, and as i've said before, i usually call them peelots...cause the only thing they're good for is peeing. I'm really not particular about where i sleep though, and every once in a while something is wrong with me and i eat there or buy fountain pop there. Everything about peelot pisses me off.

But that one in east st louis, i dont get much of a choice. It's across the street from our yard, and we arent allowed to park in the yard, and atleast they have a bathroom..

Oh wait, i do have a choice, i dont work for werner anymore. Well, you know what i meant.

10. profit521

profit521 Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2010
    caseyville, IL.
    OMG! my very first job was as a fueler at the e.st.louis truckstop, it was called Big Duga's back then and we used to help the security run lizards and panhandlers off, cracked a few heads back in those days (not proud of it but hey! I was 16) am proud of the fact I slept with most of the waitress'es though hehe. hell, maybe some of the new lizard's there might be my kid's? sure hope not.

11. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Uh-huh. And just how old were you when you realized that you were supposed to do more than sleep?:biggrin_25522::biggrin_25525:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.