Snoqualmie Pass on I-90

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by STexan, Jan 26, 2016.

1. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    This has been going on for several days on and off the past weekend so if you like to cross over the pass in the late night hours, be advised it may be closed for 4 hours on some nights as they work to remove snow from the ditch but they will advise several days ahead of planned closures [for snow removal].

Use the road conditions site to see what is planned for the pass ...
    http://www.wsdot.com/traffic/passes/snoqualmie/default.aspx

Example 1/26/16 beginning at 23:00. From their web site ...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. High Desert Dweller

High Desert Dweller Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Last time I went over Snoqualmie during winter was a number of years ago. Bright, sunny day, dry roads, but the snow banks on both shoulders were higher than my truck. Surreal.

4. 4x4_Welder

4x4_Welder Medium Load Member

Sep 16, 2014
    Eastern Orygun
    I got stuck in one of their mid-day "avalanche control" activities a few weeks back. Irritated me to no end, I knew they were doing it so I skipped a lunch stop to get ahead of their 2:30 stated start time. At 2:25 I found myself stopped ten cars back from the roadblock, needing to relieve myself and quite hungry, in a van with lots of clear windows.

5. Mullet_Head87

Mullet_Head87 Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Clearwater
    Gonna pass through Wednesday morning and watching the dot website like a hawk. Might have a lane closed mm58-60 to refuel generators for lights but that's it hopefully!!! Passed through Montana for the first time without a hitch and lookout pass had snow stacked high AF on the shoulders! Place must get rough.

6. Roberts450

Roberts450 Road Train Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Pass was bare n wet yesterday and the same for today. Be over it twice this evening. Just watch out for the car swallowing pot holes.

7. Mullet_Head87

Mullet_Head87 Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Clearwater
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.