So I bought some stuff

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by volvo244t, May 28, 2015.

1. volvo244t

volvo244t Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    [​IMG]

Top to bottom to left: beat-up old RK56, 19 LTD II, Dynascan 19 LTD, Turner JM+2/U

Pretty happy with this. Couple bucket list radios and a couple bucket list mics.

Oh, yeah... And since the older RK56 looks so bad, I had the guts swapped into my new chrome one. So now I have a "brand new" real RK56.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mike5511

mike5511 Road Train Member

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    All for the low, low price..........?

4. Bout Z

Bout Z Light Load Member

Mar 14, 2015
    so. ohio
    Always wanted to try a jm+2 or a +3. Was always afraid to buy one off ebay, and it be junk. Have you tried that one yet? If so, do you like it?

Nice score btw

5. volvo244t

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    The JM+2 isn't bad at all. My CR-577 is a little better, but they are pretty close. I do like it.

Got everything in the pic for $85.

Bout Z Thanks this.
  6. gascanexplode

gascanexplode Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    Cobra 19s are supposed to have good audio from what ive heard.

7. volvo244t

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    And the one on the bottom is a REAL Cobra 19! Easily weighs as much as my 29LX or my Galaxy 979... Quality in the old relics. The one on top, the 19 LTD II, is probably better than the current crop of 19s.

8. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I got you beat. It was a dream day, even though it turned out crappy with the weather.

Went to a couple estate sales and four garage sales thanks to my wife, she drove me up a wall until I said yes. She wanted to hit 6 of them before the rain came but we got through four.

Spent a total of $60 and ended up with 14 cb radios, two antennas and couple amps. I also got a few ham radios, a couple amps and crap load of stuff for ham - all for a really really good deal.

I got a couple royces, sparkomatic, Browning mobile, SBE f-d, galaxy 959 (which the girl said "it don't work" but it wors great on the bench), Connex night runner and a bunch more.

At the last garage sale the lady there was selling all of her ex's stuff at cheap cheap prices (he left her for the bar maid at her work and she was rather vindictive), I missed out on a huge snap on tool box full of tools for $300 and his HD for a grand but his cbs went home with me for less than a tank of gas in my wife's car. As I was loading the stuff up, she came out of the house and threw in the car two amps saying to my wife "screw him, he can have her, I will take money" - $5 each. Then as I was ready to drive away, she was waving to me to come back, she dragged us back into the house and presented me with his ham radios and all of his stuff for $75. needless to say the car was stuffed.

Just a weird weird day ...

9. volvo244t

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    #### son. I need to become a yard sailor again.

10. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I don't know why it has been weird this weekend, I usually see one or two cbs during a couple weeks but this weekend was just unreal. I have to bring much of this stuff to the other house and put it into the garage until I can get to it to sort through it.

Yesterday was just as amazing. I came home with my wife's approval a full pickup of stuff, from electronic parts to antique radios.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.