SoCal based driver. Van, Reefer, Tanker. All Endorsements.

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by Phantaztix, Oct 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phantaztix

Phantaztix Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    I'm updating from a previous post.

I started driving in 1998. About 2006 I let my Class A lapse as I had left the road for a good local job. I'm returning to the trucking workforce. I was most recently in a corporate management position, but was laid off and with no success finding a local job to replace it.

I started with CRST and moved on to Charger Trucking, a flatbed company. The same Charger started by the JB Hunt Flatbed execs when JB Hunt dropped their flatbedding. I left Charger in 10/99 just 2 months before they went bankrupt. I then went on to a Reefer company and eventually local jobs to include heavy and equipment, dry van, reefer and flatbed.

Because I let it lapse I have to go through the motions to get my Class A back. So, as of this posting, I have my permit with all endorsements. TSA fingerprinting done for HazMat. I am enrolled in a school for a refresher and for the DMV drive test. Everything has been paid for on my end. However, I will not refuse reimbursement if you offer it.

Due to the CA DMV being backed up heavily, my drive test is scheduled for Dec 11, 2015. So, I will be available for hire immediately after that.

I will have Class A with T & X (Doubles/Triples, Tanker, HazMat). I am looking for Van, Reefer or Tanker positions. I am not looking for flatbed at this time. I live in North San Diego County, so I would need a company with freight lanes in this area to be able to get home every 2-3 weeks or sooner.

No accidents or trucking incidents. Clean 10-year record. No DUI or criminal charges ever.

Excellent Mountain/Hill experience as the majority of my driving was 11-Western to include many back-n-forths over the Rockies and California mountains.

All of my driving experience was prior to DAC existing. So my DAC report shows nothing. (I have one in hand). I don't have much from my driving history, but I do have some pay sheets and driver logs from then to show that I really do have experience.

I understand that any company would have to have a little faith in me, so I am willing to accept a reasonable pay based upon not having "recent" experience. I believe I am definitely worth more than "graduate" pay, but also can accept not receiving top pay based on my actual experience. I am open to reasonable offers. I do not have a Passport, however I am willing to obtain one to do Canada runs.

If you are interested, please let me know and we can discuss it. I'm a good driver and you won't be disappointed. I just need a chance to reenter the field with a livable wage. Thank you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LAwastehauler

LAwastehauler Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2015
    Los Angeles
    [​IMG]
    I ran for a small outfit based in San Louis Obispo, that runs 7 west. They're a 10 truck LTL pulling reefer mostly along the I-5 corridor. They run Pete's / 53' combo's, all well maintained and modern. He puts CB's, GPS and other goodies in all of his trucks. He runs you hard, but pays you very fair without squawk. His name is Tony Horzen, and he'll take you out in a truck, if you can drive... he'll hire you on the spot, so have your gear with you. T. Horzen Refrigerated Transportation Inc. Main St. San Louis Obispo. You might try giving him a call to see if he has anything that matches what you're looking for. Good luck Driver

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.