South Texas oopsy-daisy!

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by unloader, May 19, 2016.

1. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Driver looked to be OK on the side of the road. Hwy 281 just north of Edinburg, TX. Happens a lot out here when the road gets wet.

Usually they take em into the median.

unloader

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    Texans can't drive in the rain an God Wills It.

4. Raezzor

Raezzor Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Aug 1, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    That's because it rains oil in Texas, that's why they got so much of it.

tucker Thanks this.
  5. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    You should see them on ice, even God covers his eyes and prays

6. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    Lmao

7. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Colorado
    You know, someone said something once and it's stuck with me. People don't respect rain and wet roads like they should. "oh it's just wet" and they keep hammering. It's probably a good idea to actually give the rainy wet roads the respect they seem to want.

Just a thought that I keep in my head when ti's raining.

1951 ford and Lepton1 Thank this.
  8. striker

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    My two scariest driving exp. have both come in Texas. Dec. 1999, delivered an empty liquid nitrogen tanker from Denver to Port of Houston for export, then bobtailed home to Denver. When I went through DFW around 6pm the night before, it was chilly, super light mist in the air. Sometime around midnight it turned to a full blown ice storm. I hit Houston around 10 pm. Next day, left Houston around 9 to head back to Denver. Called my office, they warned me of the ice storm, family friend had passed thru around 5 am and encountered it. I figured I'd hit there about Noon, it would all be melted. WRONG. Missed the 287 exit, so I had to come all the way into Dallas on 45 and then cut across via 20 to 287. Cars were spinning out everywhere, I'm listening to all these empty trucks crying about the ice and traction, and I'm bobtail with full fuel tanks. All was going well, forget the little town, but grandpa in an older caddy gets on 287 ahead of me. Road is alternate wet/dry/black ice, we come upon a bridge, sign says WATCH FOR ICE......Grandpa hit the brakes, hard. I jammed on the brakes, remember, I'm bobtail, $*&^%$*&%^ black ice, I did a 180 and ended up half on the dirt, half on the pavement facing the wrong direction, Werner coming up behind me tried to brake, he ended up blocking the entire road. Sheriff's deputy going the other direction hit his lights and stopped to check the scene. How we didn't hit each other is a miracle, how I kept my shorts clean is an act of god.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
    G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  9. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    ...it Depends.

striker Thanks this.
  10. striker

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    it should have been

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.