Southeastern?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by racemaxx24, Sep 20, 2016.

1. racemaxx24

racemaxx24 Heavy Load Member

Jul 4, 2014
    East TN
    Anybody got some good info on SFL? I'm currently OTR and work for a great company but due to personal issues I'm gonna need to find a local job in the near future. The terminal near my house has a position open for a full time local delivery driver but is very vague on info such as salary, benefits, etc. I used to talk to the driver that delivered to my last company and he always seemed pretty happy but never got into much detail with him. Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Worked for them years ago, but I doubt much has changed.
    Hourly rate... probably around $22ish now.
    HazMat is common.
    Carpet was very common when I was there.
    Start times vary wildly. Mine from 4am to noon... generally an 11-12hr day with a lunch break.... no weekends.

The higher you are on the seniority board the better off you are on your run.
    Senior guys have set areas and runs, generally pick the pallet freight... the lower tier guys get the overflow.... the garbage... the hand freight, carpet, cabinets, 55gal drums that has ever to be trucked off by hand, etc.

I've left the terminal at qpm with an hour drive to my first drop, of which I had maybe 15.. and before I could get 5 off, they were yelling at me to start making time critical pickups.
    Still had to get those drops off, though.

It's a high stress juggling act when you are low on the pole.

You may bump 15 to 25 docks per day.

You may work the dock a lot.

But you'll go home every day, and no weekends.

Put in your time and it will get to be gravy.

Need4Speed Thanks this.
  4. racemaxx24

racemaxx24 Heavy Load Member

Jul 4, 2014
    East TN
    Thanks for the info. Seems like it would be a decent job, hopefully I'll hear something positive from them. The terminal I'm applying for is a smaller location with what I'd imagine to be a bit lower volume. But my first local p&d job was total chaos regardless of seniority so that doesn't bother me much.

5. Thermos Bottle

Thermos Bottle Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2015
    GA
    I was told $23 per hour to start, then $26 after a year. 48-52ish hours per week, off weekends and major holidays. I was told day shift, but not sure on the exact hours. Home every day. Lots of unloading heavy stuff. I hope they call me though.

6. Boinger

Boinger Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Worked there for almost a decade. If your going P&D is look for a place that pays ot. They don't technically layoff but when it's slow you will rotate off not paid. Bennies are about $100 week for family coverage. Don't stir the pot and you should do fine. Seinority in the city doesn't exist but does in Linehaul. My best advice is don't kill yourself for them. Once you do it's always expected while others skate by.

Lucy in the Sky Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.