Sparkys CB Shop?? WTH???

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by MayhemTrucking, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    This Sparky is a 100% POS. Got home from job in Iraq. Started driving again for company in TX. Ordered Galaxy 10 meter. Got immediate confirmation. 2weeks. Nothing. 3rd week try to e mail and call. No reply. Go ahead and talk to Clay's and Ranger Hill shops. Bought radio. Got it tuned. Sent Sparkys e mail to cancel. Get bank statement and they have charged my account for not one but two radios in a 4 week period. Get with bank. Get with PayPal who handles this co@ksuckers transactions. They are now going through process to put around $500 back into my account. Not a lot of money but enough to chap my arse. Never heard anything but praise for this clown. Turned out to be Bravo Sierra.

Timin770 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jessejamesdallas

jessejamesdallas Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Sparky's now Officially "CLOSED"........

Sign in the window at the store saying "Closed till further notice", and although the Web Site is still up, you can't order off it anymore...The "Check Out" option has been removed...all you can do is type review's or place a item in your "wish list"...No prices listed either.....

If you have placed a order with them.........Good luck getting your money back....

Timin770 and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  4. Turbo-T

Turbo-T Road Train Member

May 31, 2009
    What a shame....I have bought from Sparky in the past, and always had good luck with him. I haven't bought anything from him for over a year. He's even been semi helpful with me over the phone, though I've read from others he's known to come off as rude.

I still sorta wished I would have bought one of his "stealth" Cobra 25's.

5. EZ Money

EZ Money Road Train Member

The website is gone now also! Was going to order a General Lee and so glad i did not send the money yet!

6. jessejamesdallas

Oct 3, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Yep....But now it's saying "Under Construction"..............

Something tells me it's going to re-open under a New Name......Bet Al sold the place.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  7. o2much4me

o2much4me Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2012
    I spoke w/ Sparky & did get my TX Star transmitter back repaired. He is slowly recovering from his stroke. He would not accept payment.

8. Mad Dog 20/20

Mad Dog 20/20 Heavy Load Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Skid Row
    Glad to hear you got your equipment back.I hope Al makes a full recovery.

9. this_is_nascar

this_is_nascar Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Gloucester City, NJ

How long ago did you speak with him? Was it days, weeks, etc?

10. o2much4me

o2much4me Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Last week. Or so got TX star a few days ago. Used his home number I got from chief of police. He has good intensions IMO. He still doesn't have complete speech ability but he is improving. He also had a bad employee problem.

11. jessejamesdallas

Oct 3, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Know this is a antique-thread now...but in case anyone here was ever a member over at "Sparky's CB Shack Forum", the site is still up!

Here's the deal tho...Only original members can post, (provided you can still remember your user name and password) And no new members accepted.

There's no monitors, and no one in charge...Forum is on autopilot and can't be turned off because there's no one at the controls!:D

Think the last person to join was in 2011 before the plug got pulled.

Check it out, and like I said, you can still post new threads and answer old ones, provided you were a member and can still remember your log-in credentials...

Sparkys CB Shack Forum

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.