specialized express, columbus, ohio

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by kiera_anna, May 6, 2009.

1. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Check out some LTL carriers if you want some home every day, off weekends kind of trucking
    .... Holland, Dayton, Estes, yrc, ABF,
    ... Ask one of these drivers how much they make and I guarantee you it's not going to be $700 for a 60 hr work week
    ... I'm convinced there's no more money in OTR operations in this industry
    Myself... I wouldn't even consider putting an app in with anyone of those mega garbage outfits at anytime
    .... It's very obvious they don't want an experienced driving force that being said, you can bet they don't want to pay, so any driver that works for places like this will have to chase them down to rip their hard earned money out of their hands

BULLDOG22 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SCar72

SCar72 Light Load Member

I hear ya Bulldog. You said the exact same words I said right before I left there! I just got me a Local gig, 3 days doing Yard Dog work and 2 days Shuttling. Only about $930/wk but a Hell of a lot better then what most OTR Companies can do for me. Beside, I'll be Home everyday and off Thursday and Fridays.

The Office workers at Coldliner were nice to me, but it is just plain crazy that they think any normal person is happy being out for weeks upon weeks and earning an average of $800/wk, if that. When will these Companies learn that not every Driver is a scumbag that only has Trucking to turn too? I resigned from a job making 65-70K to be a Driver, I didn't and don't have to have to be treated like a Slave.

Problem with Coldliners hiring process if that Marci will spin the job one way and Doug ends up doing whatever he wants with the Drivers. One of the many problems with a Co-Owned Company. Need to be one VOICE and ONE way! Had I known about the Owners past Companies and the way they treated them then and known the way they ran 80% Broker loads with forcing one to stay out beyond 3-4 weeks as promised, I would have never gone there. There were 4 other Companies I was considering at the same time too. Lucky for us Drivers, it's a Drivers market.

4. BULLDOG22

BULLDOG22 Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Yup yup and yup I rather make 800 a week and go home every night. I'm super tired of the b.s. If I knew who coldliner was b4 hand I would of never came and every thing Marci saod to us in orientation was a lie and Doug didn't even bring his ### in and introduce him self to us. He has got into with one of the guys I came here with already. #### most of us have been sitting 2 to 3 days in between loads. This place is exactly why I'm done with trucking companies. Congrats Scar72 on your job. Yea my next move after this regional job is uber lol no but really uber

5. BULLDOG22

BULLDOG22 Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Oh and orientation was the most unorganized #### I have ever experienced people fussing in the office Maci mom getting #####ed at lol. Doug saying to his coworkers I ####ing got it. I was like what type of clown show is this . Lol then we were told brand new trucks yea they are new , but not new to where your the 1st to drive it lol thats what 1 guy was told it's new to where your the first to drive it lol he got a truck with 30,000 on it lol. Then one guy got sent to cali to recover a truck smh when a new company says we are sending you out to recover a rig you best run the other way. Then he had to put the new truck in the shop and when he asked for one of the new trucks they said no that's your truck now lol. Then 90% of our loads are broker loads I was told broker loads where very little because they have tyson accounts . Shoooot I have seen tyson once. Anyway just lies after lies and you have to love sitting in your truck cause that is what awaits you. ⛟⛟⛟

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
    Reason for edit: Skirting profanity filter
  6. SCar72

SCar72 Light Load Member

If the 30,000 mile Truck was 1279, that was my Truck. I turned in in on the Wensday you all were hired. Tyson loads, you have to wait the typical 24 hrs on them. My Trucks seat was hard as Hell, rear speakers didnt work, set the Trailer break drained the primary air tank and Doug claimed it was designed that way by the Trailer maker. The Truck was under recall and was told our Trucks weren't the model type. VLN, yes! Had sensors going out when they detected freezing temp. Had to use my own Debit card at TA because the person on call couldn't get the account number right for the repairs that didnt work. Truck was loud as Hell, cell calls were almost impossible. Sounded as if my window was down. Bouncy as Hell, no matter how the Tandem or fifth wheel was set.

But she was comfortable when sitting, and I did that a lot. And she was pretty. Not any good for a work Truck though.

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  7. SCar72

SCar72 Light Load Member

So how is it going on the Coldliner front? Bulldog22, are you still with them? Has the miles picked up and Time Off gotten any better?

8. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Isn't that the same specialized express that was bought by kelle's?

9. SCar72

SCar72 Light Load Member

Same Owners that owned Specialized Express before being bought by Kelly's.

Just curious if their current Drivers have had any better luck?

10. BULLDOG22

BULLDOG22 Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Well I left Coldliner about 2 months ago . After Doug gave me another tongue lashing I just said bump it. Everyone who started with me has left. If Marci could run the company alone I would of never left. She has to get rid of Doug after she does that she will be good. Not a terrible company , but if your looking for the miles don't go to them as a solo. Nice equipment most of the folks there are really cool except for Doug. He will curse u out then apologize like it never happen. Curse at him amd see what happens lol. Good luck yo anyone who goes I like them outside of all the b.s. If Marci called today and said doug is gone will u come bk. I would go.

11. SCar72

SCar72 Light Load Member

Yeah Doug and I got into a arguement big time about him sending me to the West Coast and out three weeks longer, rather than send me in for Home Time. And I was out of BP Meds because of it. I Cussed him out one side and down there other, as he did me. He backed off fast then. He's the sort of Guy you have to stand your ground with.

Tried a few other Companies out, they were all crap too. I just decided to retire and will now relax, doing whatever I want.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.