Speedway

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Flipflops, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Flipflops

Flipflops Heavy Load Member

Oct 18, 2015
    First time ever filling up at speed way. Touhey ave in des plaines,IL.

They recently made a truck lane for diseil. Two pumps. Easy pull in and easy leave. No truck parking.

I was low on fuel and couldn't help but notice their 1.83 or whatever that day price. I pulled in. They take EFS etc. Friendly workers inside. How friendly? I was asked if I had a speed way card. Nope. Guy grabbed one and scanned it, gave me it. No registration or BS. Said I got a .10 cents per gallon saving. Sure enough on about 180 gallons I saved $20 bucks or whatever.

They have a nice deli. In my mind it was really nice that he saved me that "20" of the transaction and basically I got food for "free" and money in my pocket. Wasn't expecting that. Thought about the pilot and TA stupid programs and compared it to this, and felt good over it. Not sure how other speed ways are but this being the first time and receiving that treatment made me feel happy which put me in a positive mood for the rest of the day.

Gladly I'm sharing this!

mp4694330, albert l, LindaPV and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Speedway has good service, since they don't have tons of trucks coming in, but their fuel sucks, I am getting 0.5-1mpg less on their fuel compare to TA. I was fueling there for a month, because I have been getting 30-50 cents off with my fuel card

Flipflops Thanks this.
  4. Flipflops

Flipflops Heavy Load Member

Oct 18, 2015
    In all honesty I didn't see a decrease in my MPG or power with this one. I'm running a light load 11k 170 miles to Michigan, coming back empty mon-Friday. I filed in flying j prior to this and it lasted me the whole week so I was at bare minimum. Got this for $80 cheaper just off the pump and haven't seen any issues and I'm back to low fuel after running a week, same as I did with the flying j in indiana.

5. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    Speedway truck diesel is Pilot diesel.

Per Wikipedia

In 2001, Speedway's truck stop chain was merged into the Pilot Travel Centers brand after Marathon and Pilot Corporation entered into a partnership to form Pilot Travel Centers. Pilot has since bought out Marathon's interest in Pilot Travel Centers, now Pilot Flying J. Following its merger with Hess Corporation's retail chain in 2014, six WilcoHess locations in Virginia were rebranded as Pilot locations and jointly operated between Pilot Flying J and Speedway.[3]

The Speedway brand is used in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, West Virginia, and Wisconsin, while the Hess brand is used in Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Rhode Island, South Carolina, and Virginia. Both brands operate in Pennsylvania and Tennessee. The Hess and WilcoHess brands will be converted to Speedway by 2017,[4] a process that was half-completed by August 2015.[5]

toss009, LindaPV, HalpinUout and 2 others Thank this.
  6. ajohnson

ajohnson Medium Load Member

Jan 6, 2016
    chicago area
    Speedway does not have their own fuel, it comes from differant places

7. terryt

terryt Heavy Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    speedway is Marathon fuel they have owned them for years

8. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    And here I am thinking I was doing good by buying from Speedway and wilco Hess. ...when really they're just another branch of pilot ... I guess my good discounts at Speedway and wilco Hess will be short lived ...

9. ajohnson

Jan 6, 2016
    chicago area
    Not quite true, marathon owns them all. They recently bought Hess. Pilot does not own any other stations, they are just one of the pieces of marathon oil

10. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    So now marathon = pilot,fj,wilcohess,Speedway??

I just want good service and a good price for fuel! I get that at Speedway wilcohess( any kwik trip and Sapp Bros. and lots of independents) I do not get a good price OR good service at any of the 5 major chains!

11. ajohnson

Jan 6, 2016
    chicago area
    Correct, I go only to speedway, because I am local and there is a speedway with 3 truck lanes a half mile from my work. Good service, decent sandwiches, food and coffee, good rewards

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.