SR 41 and SR24

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Truckerwrench60107, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Truckerwrench60107

Truckerwrench60107 Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Talking to my family about reopening truckstop at this crossing want opions on what DRIVERS want i am old school in the fact that i know drivers are humans too so give us your suggestions I.E menus and options to make youre job eaiser

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Guntoter

Guntoter Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    Is this a guessing game thing? Im guessing Missouri.

4. Guntoter

Guntoter Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
  5. Truckerwrench60107

Jun 29, 2015
    I am sorry yes the stop is in kentland in it is a route i used to run daily and i think drivers would like something other than the so called travel plaza,s like pilot and petro that just want you in and out have little to no service and would rather cater to the tourist than the professional

6. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Stopped there many times myself.
    Have average fuel prices, you will make a little on the sales. But can't compete with the Mega's discount to the Mega carrier's. Of course, you can offer the same types of discounts to bring in more business for the other parts of you stop. You will have to spend some time contacting fuel depts. of the carriers to let them know you exist.
    Have a nice restaurant. You will get a lot of business from the locals if you offer a local menu. Not the same stuff at the Major truck stop chain restaurants.
    Have decent showers to compliment your fuel sales.
    Try to have some type of system, be it barrels or K-rails to delineate your parking area. That way you will maximize your parking area. Nothing worse than having one lazy driver take up 3-4 parking spaces because he/she is to lazy to figure out how to park straight. Of course i am assuming you will not pave the old lots there.
    DO NOT HAVE all the touristy crap you see in the chain truck stops. That stuff ties up too much capital for the money invested. And takes up valuable space in your store that could be put to better use, ie, trucker specific items.
    A drivers lounge is advisable. With a large TV. And not with availability to the general population.

7. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Better get ground soil samples done on that place first and then get the blessings of the local town council..
    They might tie you up for ever trying to get zoning approval and permits. Good luck in your venture..

8. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    I'd look into getting a kwiktrip franchise.

91B20H8 Thanks this.
  9. Truckerwrench60107

Jun 29, 2015
    Thanks for youre replies.
    I need more input on menu ideas and we are going to have a full service shop and road service with computer diagnostics

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.