Star Transport, morton il

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MidnightFlyer, Dec 8, 2007.

1. firedog323

firedog323 Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2009
    I do have to make a few more comments... First as far as the bathrooms for female drivers goes you have to understand that Star has been around awhile. Before there were many women drivers so putting in a bathroom for them just was not worth it then. So now the building is there and everything is laid out it would be very costly for them to change it. As far as the showers all it takes is to plan ahead. Make sure you take your shower while safety is in wait till the next day for them to come back or you can get to a pilot where you can get it for free as well.
    Now as far as Jeff Stanley and the others stealing money we can all say we might have expected it but I'm sure the owner didn't. But they have corrected the problem and I'm sure we can all say good riddance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. starbrite

starbrite Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Morton, IL
    Is that your final guess? I'm not a driver but you might have seen me several years ago when I worked in driver payroll before I moved upstairs. I was the one that always smiled and talked with the drivers - which I still do unless you are rude or make inappropriate comments to me.

4. starbrite

starbrite Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Morton, IL

We should all be trying - by giving 100% or more - some days you just have to dig a little deeper.

One thing that the sales department gets as feedback from our customers is not only the image our drivers project to them but the comments and gossip they repeat about the company. Everyone knows times are challenging right now so we ALL need to project a professional, positive attitude at the customer and at the terminal.

5. starbrite

starbrite Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Morton, IL
    The posts to which I responded were certainly not extolling the virtues of the company.

If the women drivers need to use the restrooms after safety is closed, they should ask at the dispatch window or the shop window. I've seen many of them do this when I have been there.

I'm curious about your source of information on the government funding for the new hires...
    "The statement about hiring new drivers when freight is down, Star received funds from the government for each new ( as in just out of school) driver that they hired. And if the rumors are correct that is also a big part of why we have some new people in the safty office."

IRC = Internal Revenue Code. "Bible" for the taxation regulations.

Did the per diem appear anywhere on your W-2? or were you issued a 1099 on which it appeared?

6. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    All of the training companies get tax credit at the least for all of the student drivers they put through. That's been known for years. Should look into the various programs available out there for things of that nature. Just like Michigan has funds set aside for paying for people's driving school tuition.

7. Turtle08

Turtle08 Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Illinois
    just so you know.. All star transport drivers should start looking for other jobs. just got laid off after being off for three months due to an injury. they just cut 200 drivers and are probably going to lay off more.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  8. ampm wayne

ampm wayne Heavy Load Member

Jan 13, 2009
    bloomington,in
    I went through Morton,Ill today. Stars lot was full of trucks. I go by there from time to time and had never seen as many trucks parked as were there today.

9. twops41997

twops41997 Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2008
    Warren, Oh
    I just got hired today at star susposed to start on the 9th. Should I be thinkin twice

10. ampm wayne

ampm wayne Heavy Load Member

Jan 13, 2009
    bloomington,in
    They should have no problem coming up with a truck for you to drive. I did see a few of them running today on I-74 IN Ill. I don't know what your options are.

Baack Thanks this.
  11. firedog323

firedog323 Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Well this week has been great, compared... I ended this week with over 2300 miles and 8 hours of detention pay and I'll be home Friday evening. So things seem to be looking up. I have had no layovers. No sooner do I key in empty they have me a new load. They seem to be doing some good planning again. We'll see if it will keep up! As for the person starting with Star don't worry, things are tight in the trucking industry anyways so you'd be taking a risk regardless but you are taking a risk with any job with the way the economy is right now. You never know if a company is going to go belly up. So just hang in there and good luck! We are all gonna need it...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.