start a strike

Discussion in 'Truckers Strike Forum' started by Paul Geanta, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Paul Geanta

Paul Geanta Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2015
    If you feel this post should go into political please move it!

I want to start a strike (partial strike) I pull a van and I would like to know of a product I should refuse in order to make the shippers and receivers to take conscious that we TRUCK DRIVERS complete their business! DRY VAN ONLY! WHAT SHOULD I NOT HAUL

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Toilet paper

browndawg Thanks this.
  4. lots of character

lots of character Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2015
    Ugh.

My friend, the '60s have come n gone. Sit ins don't work anymore... Refusing freight, will cost you in the long run.

My daddy used to talk about what they would do to those ole boys that were protesting in Mississippi back in 1968.... You don't want that sort of treatment I'd reckon.

5. Paul Geanta

Aug 6, 2015
    #### I agree! anything that has to do with paper is out for the next week! A little bit like Russia or Romania under communism but this is as protest! Next week no paper for me! Any more ideas?

6. Paul Geanta

Aug 6, 2015
    I guess just a few years after they made the movie:

LGarrison Thanks this.
  7. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    Never gonna happen.
    Funny @3:50 I wish I could do that....

8. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    The problem with starting a strike is that there are not enough independents left to make a noticeable impact. Every load refused during a strike WILL go to XYZ mega carrier, generally at a lower rate, and the independents will find themselves approaching the same XYZ mega carrier hat in hand begging for a job to pull the same freight for considerably less money.

If the mega carriers have managed nothing else, they have broken the power of the independents. Mega carriers now control the lanes and the rates, generally gobbling up the best loads while most of the independents run like heck to stay afloat.

Unless there is a massive social change, there will never be an effective transportation strike in my lifetime. My recommendation to the OP would be to either talk to your company about the freight you have been getting and the issues with it, or find a carrier that pulls freight more to your liking. But I have to say that as long as you pull a box, you are going to get crap freight on a regular basis. That is the nature of dry van freight. Perhaps looking for a dedicated account or carrier that specializes in "drop and hook"? I made some very nice money doing exclusizely drop and hook runs. Drop empty, grab load and paperwork, and get moving down the road before they even know you are there!

thejackal and Paul Geanta Thank this.
  9. Paul Geanta

Aug 6, 2015
    I agree that's why I ask for a partial strike! next week no paper!

10. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Sorry sir, but I would have literally no effect on your partial strike. I drag a deck and haven't seen a crap paper load in many years.

11. Paul Geanta

Aug 6, 2015
    #### not enough independents?!!!! Are you serious? Are independents getting killed or schneider?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.