starting a l/p on 5/3

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by boston bill, Apr 27, 2015.

1. missouritrucker

missouritrucker Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2013
    Cummings, KS
    Buddy, I'm a company driver and I don't make 4 grand a month... I wish! That's good money to me and many others I'm sure

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. missouritrucker

Oct 21, 2013
    Cummings, KS
    Do you own your own truck?

4. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Pulling a van or reefer? You'll never approach that kind of money pulling a van or a reefer, on a regular basis. $1000 take home pay pulling a tank is quite doable and all the while working 4 1/2 to 5 days a week. You just can't make money sitting on docks while giving so many others control of your pay.

icsheeple and missouritrucker Thank this.
  5. missouritrucker

Oct 21, 2013
    Cummings, KS
    Van... And I don't make a grand a week... I'm lucky to make 600-700

6. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I killed myself to bring home $900 a week pulling a van. Monday through Friday and it was hell. I was spending 12 hours a week unpaid on docks. I run a dedicated route from Texas to North Dakota. I deliver and turn around and go home. The companies done this for three years and just signed a contract for three more. I'll haul fuel when and if this dries up. Keep looking, you can still make a good living driving a truck.

missouritrucker Thanks this.
  7. missouritrucker

Oct 21, 2013
    Cummings, KS
    I was working for Transland out of Strafford, MO but they can't keep their drivers busy and stab people in the back so I'm signing on with Ozark Motor Lines next week... Get a .9 cpm raise too

8. insertnamehere

insertnamehere Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2013
    I keep telling y'all, stop working for mileage pay. Find a smaller company that pays percentage and that actually cares if you make it. The more you make the more they make. Mileage pay is modern day slavery.

77fib77, icsheeple and freightwipper Thank this.
  9. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Basing things off of 3000 miles a week?

What happens during winter time, what about time off, what about when your truck breaks down.. etc etc
    When that truck stops the payments don't stop unlike a company driver.
    When the truck break down you're on the hook to be towed and paying for a hotel.. unlike a company driver.
    You're the one paying for maintenance etc etc.

So when those things happen which they will because that's life you'll be having to dig yourself out at .90
    Plus usually these cheap flease places you're still relying on a dispatcher to give you good runs for your livelihood.
    Oh yeah and that .90 per mile that's not gonna be for really mile you actually drive and plus whenever you go out of route you're the one paying for it.
    See yet how .90 is terrible?

I guess if someone is happy that's all that matters. There must be drivers happy at CR England being paid .25 because I still see their trucks on the road.
    Personally I could never work somewhere where I knew I was being ripped off.

insertnamehere Thanks this.
  10. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    ...and here I thought that was a bad DAY if that's all I had left after fuel...

11. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    "Ground control to Major Tom. Ground control to Major Tom" a week and the OP has missed all his check calls to let us know. Should we send out the police? In a week, nothing can be realized, and everything can be realized, but it will be interesting to see how the OP is doing 3 months in if he's truthful. ... it's like waiting on a piece of space junk to fall to earth. You know it's coming, just not exactly where/when.

But the thing is, some are attempting to do similar leases with new[er] equipment and $2k+ monthly payments :biggrin_25523:

It will be especially interesting to see how the 15 cent/mile "bumper to bumper warranty" plays out when it comes time ... and that time will come, probably sooner rather then later.

icsheeple Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.