STARTING A NEW CAREER WITH JBH

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by GCDMN., Feb 21, 2016.

1. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Wondering if this is JBH policy or is it a DOT requirement? Im at a truck stop. I'd understand if I was on the side of the road but other than that it makes no sense. Ultimately not a huge deal but why use valuable on duty time for a repair a contractor is doing??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Guess it's a DOT reg. Need 10 hours uninterrupted on your 10

4. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    When I was done with my 10 since I had about a 3.5 hour trip back instead of going off duty I asked to do another 200 mile 3 stop local run so puts me at 785 miles and 5 stops plus another 785 and 1 for the Office Depot. Guess I have another 925 mile 1 stopper Office Depot run tonight to KC. Writing this is really helping me keep track of my pay.

5. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Got paid this morning and I was shorted 205 bucks. Think it was becuz the confusion of working for 2 accounts. It was recognized right away and I told them to put it on next weeks. Even with the short I grossed 1250 so would be the best week yet! Not sure if I like the Office Depot runs. Nice miles but only single deliveries so not as much money. Much easier though. Want to get off them soon.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  6. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Been a few days. Had my shortest reset (kinda) over the weekend. Got home late Friday and back out just after midnight Sunday. The Sunday run was about 5 hours late because of production shorts and caused a bunch of problems with late delivery times that I think the plant is still fighting almost 2 days later. My Sunday sleep schedule got all messed up then. I've been able to keep it under control but sometimes the moving sleep schedule can really stress you out.

7. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    My first run was a 700 mile 5 stopper that shot out to Fargo Nd. then came straight east across northern Minnesota. Since I left so late I did a bit of daylight driving thru northern Minnesota which is always nice. Took my 10 in Bemidgi Mn. and slept great. The air is always so nice up north unless your near one of the paper mills. I did have a 6th delivery that was a special rush delivery to Wallmart but nobody at Wallmart new of it so they wouldn't take it. Not a 24 hour store so they really adhere to a strict 6am to 3pm delivery schedule and I got there at 1am. Wonder if all Wallmarts have that delivery schedule policy? Anyways I'm not sure if I'm getting paid for that one or not. It was 10 minutes away from my first stop so it ended up costing me about 35 minutes delay with the confusion and trying to contact the store.

lee2442 Thanks this.
  8. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Just finished a very strong week. No turnable runs this week. Along with the first run did a 1000 mile 4 stopper from 1rst stop in SW Mn. angling a cross Ia. with 2 stops and finishing with a NW Illinois stop. Then. 900 mile 4 stopper finishing in the U.P. of Mich. whole week ended up 2600 miles and 14 or 15 deliveries. Should gross close to 1350.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  9. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Forgot, my check was huge this week cuz of owed back pay for last week. After I got paid I went back and averaged weeks. I skipped the first 2 weeks cuz of training and If I did the math right I'm averageing 1248 a week gross pay and that's going to bump up more after next check. I'm sure there will be a down week here or there but at this pace 64-65k for the year will be very likely even with some days off here and there.

10. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Coming up on one of the two busy seasons also. Cinco De Mayo and Super Bowl are supposed to be very busy leading up to.

11. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    On Sunday did a 720 mile 4 stopper to Fargo then thru northern Mn. again. Did 587 and 4 stops till I had to take a 10 so the run went well. Took my break at 5th stop so I had about a 2 hour drive back. On the way back to the shop I got a message that a driver was having truck problems and would I deliver his route so I shotguned out right away with it. First time I've done that. It's normally a 590 mile 2 stopper that's turnable but since I came in with hours on the clock I can't make it. On my second 10 now. With two 10s im gonna be in the truck for about 50 hours total but I have 1300 and 7 stops befor Wednesday at least.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.