Starting training 8-24

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Poacher, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Poacher

Poacher Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Arkansas
    Havent updated in a LONG time now. Everything is still going well. I'm over 20K into my 30K for TNT training. I have been coast to coast 2 time now. Working on my third. This one is a strange one. I picked up in Castroville Ca last Tues (11-24) took that to Kirkwood NY, deadhead back to Indy then up to Maine.
    Team driving during the TNT phase is hard work. Sleep, drive, sleep, drive. Its like groundhog day. But its getting there. Hoping to be on my own sometime in mid Dec. I'm not going on my own though. Going to go team until the weather gets better.
    Be safe out there. Hopefully it wont be so long before my next update.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brehon

Brehon Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Las Vegas, NV
    I am two weeks behind you. Great to hear from you!

FullMetalJacket Thanks this.
  4. agreentrucker86

agreentrucker86 Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2012
    New Castle, De
    Poacher,
    Is there anything that would have done different in training?

Poacher Thanks this.
  5. Poacher

Feb 8, 2013
    Arkansas
    Not really that I can think of. I've been very lucky. My trainer is a good man, we have a good truck and are getting good miles.
    About the only thing I can think is practice backing more in my free time. I've got it down pretty well now, of course not perfect. But I would practice that every chance you get.
    Once in TNT really pay attention to all aspects of the business. Not just shifting gears and going forward. Learn about route planning, planning your fuel stops. Learn to watch the weather closely. You may have to take a little bit longer of a route just to keep rolling. There is a lot to it.

6. agreentrucker86

agreentrucker86 Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2012
    New Castle, De
  7. Straight Stacks

Straight Stacks Paper Cha$er

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Plan on teaming until the end of March then bud. LoL Keep on keepin on...Hammerdown, we out.

Poacher Thanks this.
  8. Poacher

Feb 8, 2013
    Arkansas
    I'm really hoping for beginning of Feb.
    I'll just have to see what the freight looks like then. But I won't forgo what I need to do for what I want to do. Gotta be smart about this.

Brehon, Highway101 and Straight Stacks Thank this.
  9. ccolvin87

ccolvin87 Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2015
    Roland, OK
    Been following your posts and it's awesome to see a fellow vet achieve his goals. I'll hopefully hear from my recruiter tomorrow if my rehire is clear and hopefully I'll be joining prime again shortly after xmas. I was a lease op the first time around but this time I'm going company. Good luck out there on the road, it's a good thing you have a trainer during this winter season it gets scary. Not as bad as driving a vac truck in the mud but out on the road you have the idiots and "super truckers".

FullMetalJacket, Poacher and Brehon Thank this.
  10. Poacher

Feb 8, 2013
    Arkansas
    Thanks brother! How everything works out with you coming back. I'm liking Prime a lot. It's not perfect but it's a good fit for me. Hopefully we can catch up on the road sometime.
    That goes for everyone. I'd love to shake each and everyone of your hands one day. Be safe out there.

I have 2500 miles to my 30k. Hoping to be in Springfield around 12-18 to upgrade.

FullMetalJacket Thanks this.
  11. ccolvin87

ccolvin87 Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2015
    Roland, OK
    For sure, just got my approval to come back so I'll be in SLC on 12/28

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.