Starting Werner Orientation next week. Question on dedicated lane.

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Lightside, Aug 26, 2015.

1. future trucker man

future trucker man Light Load Member

May 1, 2013
    dont waste your time your gonna be so sad werner sucks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AllBidness

AllBidness Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Dallas, GA
    I was on Home Depot dedicated for a few months. My dispatcher was nice, but I tired quickly of being sent to Virginia. I also got sick of no empties being at the DC for my next load. Heard through the grapevine that we will be acquiring new trailers soon though. We need them all over for this company! Best wishes to you. Beware of the logs Nazis.

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  4. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    my condolences...

Chinatown and AllBidness Thank this.
  5. Lightside

Lightside Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Is it really that bad? I mean reading all this stuff makes me really unsure if it will be a waste of time going all that way. I still have the option of going with Schneider.

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  7. Lightside

Jul 4, 2015
    I did get a call from them. I am considering it but it's been 4 months since I graduated. Might be too late?

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Nice trucks with inverters & some type of Apu/Epu. I think there replacing their fleet with new trucks. Terminal in Boise or somewhere in ID.
    Call and ask; they may still take you.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    Lightside Thanks this.
  9. Lightside

Jul 4, 2015
    Thanks Chinatown. I know I've been posting a lot lately on what to do (and being annoying I'm sure). I had some stuff come up between graduating and now where I wasn't sure what was going on (ill family member etc). Now tho I have a better picture and it's a career I really want to start.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's some info from a mechanic on Navajo trucks:

"The responses from the people who actually drive for them vary. Some love it, others, not so much. I enjoyed working for them… which isn't to say I don't have gripes, but I really did like working there. Didn't drive for them, though.
    Undergoing a major fleet refresh.... T700s are gone, Prostars are gone, Volvos and T660s are on their way out. T680 is the mainstay of the fleet, then the Cascadia, and a number of Peterbilt 789s have been purchased. 2012 and 2013 T660s are still present, but on their way out, and most of the ones remaining have APUs. Only new trucks which don't have them are the Costco dedicated trucks which pull Rocky Mountain doubles.
    Most trucks have 10 speeds... newest batch of T680s have nine speeds. RMD and five of the line haul T680s have autos."

Trucker61016 and Lightside Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.