Starting with Roehl in February

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by RoseWild, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Picinisco

Picinisco Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2016
    Gilbert, AZ
    "To get your CLP as a part of Roehl’s Get Your CDL Program, please study sections:

• 1-1 Introduction
    • 2-1 Driving Safely
    • 3-1 Transporting Cargo Safely
    • 5-1 Air Brakes
    • 6-1 Combination Vehicles"

RoseWild Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RoseWild

RoseWild Light Load Member

Oct 14, 2016
    South Carolina
    Okra dokie. Back to studying for me.

4. RoseWild

Oct 14, 2016
    South Carolina
    Just took the practice air break test to see where I need to study.... Screenshot_20161025-124349.png

5. Fatmando

Fatmando Medium Load Member

May 14, 2012
    Pittsburgh, PA

If they left like that, then the big question isn't how happy or unhappy I am about it, but rather why they didn't want to stay.

I wasn't thrilled to have spent thousands of dollars and years of my life in college, to obtain training for the benefit of future employers who turned out not to want to employ me long enough to pay off the student loans, either - but my training costs are hardly their responsibility. An unfortunate reality of the world is that we make investments, anticipating returns that may not happen. No one owes anyone else some kind of loyalty for that investment, and if someone is working for you out of a sense of obligation, rather than because they find doing so, rewarding, then they are going to resent you for the obligation, before long. Do you want people driving for you that don't want to be there? Because that, or broken contracts, are the only possible outcomes of requiring people to sign on for some minimum term...

And I find it interesting that these contracts only obligate the employee to stay. They never obligate the employer to continue to pay them at any minimum level... Slavery was supposedly abolished... well, at least it's not based on skin color, any more... ?

Incentivize - don't obligate. Respect - don't demand. The difference between these approaches to handling employees can be illustrated as the difference between obedience and cooperation. I'm a lot better employee if you inspire my cooperation, than if you demand my obedience.

gntorres61 and RoseWild Thank this.
  6. Picinisco

Picinisco Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2016
    Gilbert, AZ
    84%. Great for a first pass without studying. I failed miserably without studying so I know where to spend extra effort.

7. RoseWild

Oct 14, 2016
    South Carolina
    I failed the combination practice tests. I need to study hard there. I need to keep studying all of it until I can recite it in my sleep.

8. Fatmando

Fatmando Medium Load Member

May 14, 2012
    Pittsburgh, PA

Please try not to drive in your sleep. One of my recurring nightmares involves waking up thinking that I fell asleep while driving... :p

KF7WTV and RoseWild Thank this.
  9. RoseWild

Oct 14, 2016
    South Carolina
    Funny, Fatmando!

10. gntorres61

gntorres61 Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    I haven't touched a clutch since school. Hope I never go back, either. I love the automatics. Especially in big city east coast traffic jams!

RoseWild Thanks this.
  11. Picinisco

Picinisco Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2016
    Gilbert, AZ
    Progressing. My telephone interview with Roehl is Monday. They want me to train for flatbeds. I guess that has its own set of "complications"

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.