Starting with Schneider on Monday

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by cnelson3225, Mar 17, 2016.

1. cnelson3225

cnelson3225 Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2016
    Loveland, CO
    Hey I like that! Good idea.

gentleroger and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I'll second 91B- you think you've learned a lot so far but it's.nothing compared to what you'll experience/learn in the next month. DFO's most valuable posts came in the first two.months being solo.

Congrats on getting out on your own.

91B20H8 Thanks this.
  4. Road Jouster

Road Jouster Light Load Member

Be patient, very patient and do not be in a rush... or rush things.

5. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    Update...

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

6. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    I myself am looking at returning to OTR with Schneider. I have had some driven (5 months) and they say I can go out with out the trainer. To me this is good because the other company trainers they were mostly a PIA! (pain in the A--) So I have no clue what it will be like for me, yet I doubt I will have as much training to deal with as the OP does.

7. cnelson3225

Mar 17, 2016
    Loveland, CO
    Update time!
    I have been out for two sessions now (about three weeks) and its going OK. With my time out I have discovered drivers that hate Schneider and ones that absolutely love them. Even had a guy knock on my window while parked at Walmart to ask me about Schneider... Recruitment bonus opportunity :D

Now there's been ups and downs, all things you would expect while dropping into a new career, and there are the thing you would never expect. For example I got held up at a customer for 5 1/2 hours because there drivers decided to go on strike and block all the trucks in the yard... And local law allows that to happen as the protesters are allowed five minutes per truck one at a time before you can leave. Let's just say it was a busy day, I wasn't the first in line, and I parked at a walmart 1/2 mile away with 1 minute left on my clock... Yea was not happy.

Overall, I'm still here and I haven't hit anything yet lol

8. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Is there a macro that you can send alerting Schneider as to why you are delayed?

9. cnelson3225

Mar 17, 2016
    Loveland, CO
    I'm not sure about a macro, but I know when you hit arrive in work flow and you are late it will let you give a reason. I have no idea who, if anyone, reads it though.

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  10. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    dbl has access to reason on late arrival.

good idea to pull over to a safe place and call and message in plus edit your eta as soon as you know you'll be late , by how much and new eta

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  11. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Update etas and Nat, then send free form message to your dbl. CSR will "see" the eta and "work" to "inform" the customer.

CaptainDaveG Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.