starting with Transport America this month

Discussion in 'Transport America' started by clumben, Jul 4, 2012.

1. rizman50

rizman50 Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Not after you been there at least a year and then it has to have a safe place and access to a plug in, otherwise you have too go to nearest terminal to drop truck and trailer.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dhackworth601

dhackworth601 Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2013
    What is their rider policy? My wife will be going with me wherever I get on with and will want to go from day one.

4. pigpen84

pigpen84 Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Peterborough, ON
    Do they do the regional thing, or even better home weekly

5. Outdoorsman

Outdoorsman Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Ravenna, Ohio
    They have a lot of different types of runs / home time options, but not all of them are available to student drivers (new drivers).

You can talk to Susan Paradise 651-688-4703 (my recruiter) if you want to know more - she'll tell you the real deal, and won't feed you any BS.

Honestly though, if you want to make money at this - then plan on being out for at least 3 weeks at a time, and home for 3 days, in between. Actually, though, I've been trying to get a full 3 weeks in, and don't think I've made it yet - I've landed at my home terminal for a 34 hour reset, and an overnight stay, and am about to go home to be with my wife for an operation (and only been solo for a little over a month).

The company freight is mainly east of the Mississippi.
    If you have a passport / pass card, the company goes into Canada too.

Since I started with the company (December 3), I've been to WI, MN, MI, IN, IL, OH, PA, MD, MA, NJ, TN, AR, TX, TN, ON and a couple others I probably don't remember.

You can check out their website at http://www.transportamericadrivers.com/opportunities.aspx and see what they offer.

6. Fiddle Sticks

Fiddle Sticks Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Chicagoland
    I am here to attest that one is also required to 'duckwalk' for 180 inches also as part of the agility test--just got off the phone with a Dennis. I am kinda apprehensive about the 'heart settling down' bit with my 'spherical' shape and age and all....

What put me on to Transport America is this ad running on the craiglist:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/trp/3723003654.html

I did a quick cursory search of Transport America on TTR and it appears that it is not a bottom-feeder--or at least I have not seen evidence to the likes of CRE, Swift, Knight, Werner, et al.

I do not like that a few on this thread complained about the lack of miles and in other areas reading that TA goes to the Northeast. Well, I am running out of options regarding companies that will consider me, so what is one supposed to do? I am adament that I will not be subjected to CRE, Swift, Knight, Werner, Transcam, Schneider, USX, CRST, etc.

7. pigpen84

pigpen84 Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Peterborough, ON
    I went through orentation three weeks ago and we didnt do any duck walk thing, the hardest part i thought was the 30 second balance test on one leg with your eyes closed, not really hard

8. collector714

collector714 Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2013
    SW..FL
    Do they still do a urine test and a hair test.. or just hair test.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.