Stay away from Francis Drilling Fluids, Ltd Crowley La (FDF)

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by madtrucker2014, Aug 14, 2014.

1. madtrucker2014

madtrucker2014 Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2014
    I was just recently terminated today because I fueled up at truck stop 10 miles down the road instead of on the yard. Last I heard the fuel on the yard was contaminated. I was a model driver no write ups of any kind except I was unwilling to operate unsafe equipment. The culture here is drive until the wheels fall off and if you don't agree with this, then you're already doomed. Then you're labeled as being lazy and a complainer. This company lacks the leadership and communication skills needed to be a successful company. They do not care about there drivers or there CSA scores. They have out dated wore out equipment but expect the driver to go and do a good job. FDF try and take the cheapest way out in every matter they come across even if that means leaving the driver stuck on the side of the highway with a bag of tools advising you to do the best you can. In conclusion stay away from FDF unless you want a bunch of points on your CSA.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    But you were ok with working there up until they fired you...

4. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    And here I thought these oil field jobs were the next best thing since electronic logs....

5. bigdogpile

bigdogpile Road Train Member

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    What do mean you "heard" the yard fuel was bad ? If my company told me to fill er up with 87 octane gasoline,I'd be at AM/PM doing it..

6. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    If they fired you for that, you already had a foot out the door.

chalupa Thanks this.
  7. madtrucker2014

Aug 14, 2014
    I was told by dispatch few weeks prior not to fuel on yard. I continued this until terminated

8. Mattnatti

Mattnatti Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Could you have checked with dispatch occasionally to see if the contaminated fuel problem was rectified ?

i mean a " few weeks " is a long time for them to let this kind of problem continue. Buying bulk is cheaper than buying at the truck stops. I would think that fixing the problem would be cost effective.

9. nightgunner

nightgunner Road Train Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Lol welcome to the oil field. Now quit whining and get back to work.

chalupa Thanks this.
  10. RUSSELBURG

RUSSELBURG Light Load Member

May 18, 2007
    Evansville,In
    You do now that the Fed are awarding money to those that for turning in company . a lady in the north west awarded $115,000 for being fired

11. madtrucker2014

Aug 14, 2014
    :biggrin_25513: shame on those who make an excuse by saying its just the oilfield....that's yall problem...too many of yall accept BS and brown nose hard to keep a job....if I'm doin what is needed...then no reason they acted like this....besides all other employees did the same...why single me out...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.