Stay away from MBM. They are one the worst companies I've ever worked for.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Ghostdog90, May 24, 2013.

1. Ghostdog90

Ghostdog90 Bobtail Member

May 24, 2013
    I just quit three days ago. I lasted only two months. And it was two months too long. The pay, equipment, and the respect they give to there Drivers (Reps) is horrible. They will lie to you, and not blink an eye. Long story. When I have time, I will write more. I worked out of the Columbus, Ohio DC. Please believe me. They wouldn't be offering a 4,000 dollar sign on bonus, if they could keep drivers.

Milkman719 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckerocrazy

truckerocrazy Bobtail Member

May 18, 2013
    hey whats up bro i hear alot bad comnts about MBm i live en Cali i want to hear more details about all entire company what about of the hiring process i was interview with mclane i heard better things them MBM:biggrin_2554:

4. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    You're right there is a reason they are always hiring and it's not because they are rapidly expanding. Posting your full experience would be nice.

5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    You know something is up when a company offers that high of a sign on bunus?Equipment is horrible,did'nt you notice the equipment when you entered their terminal?

6. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    All the mbm drivers I have spoken to personally say the pay is decent but every single one told me they hate it there

7. truckerocrazy

truckerocrazy Bobtail Member

May 18, 2013
    i heard is good pay but u work like animal they are ignorant about DOT RULES has bad reputation i never heard something good just the pay they dont have good equipmnt too the managemnt is BAD:biggrin_25513: mbm3.jpeg always are hiring and Craiglist,monster and indeed lol

8. brtecson

brtecson Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2006
    My .02 as an MBM employee:

I agree that MBM Columbus is a ########. I've brought transfer loads through there and they don't give a rats ### about you or your HOS, even though youre supposed to deliver MBM-Columbus and MBM-Lockbourne and get a backhaul from the Cincy area all on one day. Columbus has no problem taking 6 hours to unload your 3 pallets of a single product (no breakdown/sorting required) and not let you on their dock to unload it yourself. However, not all terminals are that bad. Lockbourne, on the other side of town is a great DC to work out of from what I've heard, and they have all new equipment and liftgate trailers. It's just a matter of what terminal you work for. I'm fortunate to work for one of the better terminals ;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2013
  9. Stormlover

Stormlover Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2013
    I worked for MBM a long time ago (2000)....Worst job I ever had, but not because of the company, It was just the job itself....Used to spend ALL day and part of the evening unloading at area Burger Kings...Lots of back breaking work.....I remember the loads were usually loaded poorly and they would tip over while you were on the way to your stores....They had little tiny side doors to unload product and some of these stores took 100's of cases of product (mostly frozen).....You would have to actually "climb" up a ladder into the truck, put the stuff near the door opening, jump back out of the truck, then put the product on a hand truck, wheel it into the store and then repeat the process....Sometimes as many as 40 times....VERY time consuming and tiring!!....About 80% of the time, a stores load would contain errors...Stores would also refuse shipments, etc....A real nightmare of a job, at least for me....I lasted 3 months!.....Again, I don't remember them treating me bad on a personal level...If you're looking for HARD work, then MBM is definitely your type of place!!

SundineM Thanks this.
  10. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    They should have the restaurant personell unload their crap. A driver is not a lumper.

Prof.Gringo and MCR6468 Thank this.
  11. gearjamin

gearjamin Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2010
    SE Michigan
    With companies that deliver multiple stops to restaurants the driver is a lumper with a CDL. Usually deliver after hours on your own. Don't fall or hurt yourself because you may not get help until the people arrive for work.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.