Stay away from Quality Carriers

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by TruckingJ, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    Nice nice!! but at least you can rest assured you won't see QC on my Pete....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    If you read some of the QC threads, some affiliates are requiring a 6 month training contact. If you leave within 6 months they want you to pay then $1,500. I read the Joliet terminal was doing this, which is one of the reasons why I've never considered them. (There's lots more reasons, but I'll leave it at that)

4. Stormy 69

Stormy 69 Medium Load Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Confusion
    Hahaha. The recruiter just emailed me. Wanted me to jump ship and come work for them....

5. Majestic 670

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    Should I Say .....Lease Purchase!!! ...it's all about the company...

6. TruckingJ

TruckingJ Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Grand Rapids Mi
    Well I will expand. I was hired for local. Sent to school in Louisville ky. I pressed the recruiter about being local and I am assured we are all set. So far qc has been on their word. I then get moved to Lansing IL for field training. Supposed to be 5 days cut down to 4. They send me back to grand rapids for two more days on acid. Finish training and promptly sent on an overnight to macedonia oh for an overnight and I'll be local after that. Started out ok averaging 500.00 take home. Then they decided the macedonia once a week would help cover their lies. Sent me out on one again with no pu number. Three hours later it was resolved then trailer gets rejected. During the three hours I cannot reach my dispatcher and Miami has no answers. Low and be hold almost home and affiliate owner says I need this run. I agree for a days pay. Finally deliver late the next day and make it five miles into Michigan and break. Get a call to meet the "local" daycab driver to have him take my mt north and I'll take a two stop sulfuric load up by the mighty mac. Three days later I am finally home. Before the two stop load I told them I quit. They forced my hand so I took the load. After that the local work really died off. Three weeks ago I ran to Indiana (Hammond) back to Michigan. Ran out of hours at customer safety guy said be careful 30 minutes from house. Was not sleeping in my truck. Then went to Lamont IL for KA Steel to Michigan. Last week ran one actual load to a customer and got screwed on a local run in Chicago with an mt back to a Michigan customer. Again made ro run out of hours. Worked one day last week. And three this week. Put in my two weeks and told I owe 1500 for training per a contract I signed being assured by everyone I have a local job. The operations manager met me here in grand rapids assuring me we had plenty of work from a major chemical company in grand rapids. The company started moving in their own trailers. Well today is Friday and no paycheck in the bank. I call safety guy and he said it will be made right. Well two hours later terminal manager calls along with dispatcher to ask if I wanted to stay. Umm no I explain the awesome pay structure of the environmental company I am moving to and they cannot understand. I also explain about the confirmed information from the chemical company I received and they said they knew nothing about it and it is incorrect.

Toomanybikes Thanks this.
  7. Majestic 670

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    Bottom line QC suck..... And u are a revenue goat when you work there...,

8. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    WTF! 500 week take home and you own the truck? How is that OK for you? Park the truck now and hit up MickeyDee's at least you'll get a free lunch.

I don't know where to start on the $1500 owed for training contract? Why would you sign a "training contract" to haul their stuff with your truck?

9. ChicagoJohn

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    I'm guessing he's a company/affiliate driver.

10. ChicagoJohn

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    I guess it's such a rotating door that affiliates figure they might as well make money off drivers when they leave.

11. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    There is quality carriers, the tanker outfit. And there is quality companies, the truck lease outfit. Many many people confuse the two. They both suck.

supremegod Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.