STAY AWAY from WERNER....BAD & getting WORSE

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by DreamTeam44, Mar 22, 2008.

1. luvtheroad

luvtheroad Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Wow! What an incredible story. It's really too bad your contacts at Werner couldn't just do their jobs and take something like that as a priority. Possible that he/she was too lazy???
    This lack of understanding or compassion, whatever you want to call it, isn't just with Werner. Sorry to say it's industry wide especially with the bigger carriers. Also, we as an industry have hired people with no experience, who are under trained, don't undertand the business, and just plain don't care. As long as it doesn't personally affect them, they won't do anything but what they are "forced" to do to keep that pay check coming. No one goes "beyond the call of duty" OMG, do somethingor that I don't have to...??? I understand that they have to notify you in writing but someone should have told you from the beginning that you would be or likely would be terminated.
    No one likes surprises except two times a year. Birthdays and Christmas for me and certainly nothing like that.
    Will that felony charge be taken off your record? I don't know about these things, so all I can do is ask about it? Is there anyway that you can find someone at Werner, send the paperwork to and have them take that off your record there?
    In a kinda humorous note, how many trucks would be sitting if all the drivers out there who are in any way, shape or form in violation of something to do with child support? And, yes, I do realize that some are at fault and some are not.
    Best of luck.

harleymanjax Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. badsey

badsey Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Green Bay, WI
    I really wouldn't cry to much about Verner since their are worse trucking farms to work for.

Keep a copy of those felony records with you on your job search (allow them to copy it -and look into taking it off your record) Indeed.com

Keep working at it -like a truck in snow.

4. harleymanjax

harleymanjax Rookie Skateboarder

Dec 17, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida

I was not convicted of a felony, I was arrested on a felony warrant. It has been taken care of, case is closed, no active warrant, no pending charges. This is simply a case of Werner is currently looking for any excuse to get rid of people as I heard from almost every current Werner driver I have talked to.

5. harleymanjax

harleymanjax Rookie Skateboarder

Dec 17, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida

Yeah the sad part is I'm 99% sure I'm not the father! Thought we had 2 kids together, only had enough money for 1 DNA test at the time, and I had the youngest one tested, sure enough I was NOT the father, of course after that she wasn't real cooperative in testing the other one so I dont know!

6. LandShark

LandShark Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Riverdale, Ga
    Take her on the Maury Povich show get the other tested for FREE then take her butt back to court get child support stoped..If they arent your you shouldnt have to pay for them...let her find the real father and get the child suppport from him...

7. luvtheroad

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    For your own piece of mind and for the record, you should do whatever possible to do the testing. The courts (I think) could force her to get it done. I don't think that anyone should be forced to pay childsupport for children that aren't theirs. However, you didn't mention the ages of the children and if you have "history" with them. If there is a connection with them you might help so you can maintain the connection, if thats what you want to do. The children become pawns in these things especially when the woman has a vendetta toward the man. Good luck!

8. IROCUBabe

IROCUBabe Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Okay I am going to have to be blunt again, for the sake of those with bills.

I am a former Werner driver, I was fired due to late loads during a period where Werner needed to release alot of drivers.

I loved working for Werner, I miss Werner almost as much as I'd miss a person whom I really liked and told me to go away and stop seeing them. Its hard to drive past the terminal and know I am not welcome there anymore. I hate seeing Werner trucks on the road because I should be driving it. I really miss Werner. I'd go back to them in a heart beat. Sure there were somethings that were bad. But overall the bad was not bad enough to outdo the good parts. So to say I am a disgruntled ex-Werner driver is a stretch. I really love the company. In fact its hard trying to get jobs with other companies because its almost like being kicked out of the US army and going and joining the Iranian army... to me I mean. I'm joining the competition... the enemy... lol.

Of course now that they fired me if I could get the funds start my own company and drive them out of business by stealing all their contracts I totally would... just because I am an overly competitive person and they idea that their ex-employee rose up and made them regret firing them makes for good movie material right?

That said...

If you are student, out of school, going to Werner for training and you cannot afford to live on 325.00 a week DO NOT GO TO WERNER.

Please go back and read that again.

And again.

Werner's new cost cutting measure is to keep bulk hiring students sending them with trainers, this means they get all the fun of teaming with a lot less cost.

You will be used. You will not get a truck directly after training. If you chose to get off the trainer truck and wait for a truck when you are done your 6 weeks you will be sat on leave of absence unpaid for 4 weeks and then considered to have quit. You have a very small chance of getting a truck in that time, very small, it has happened, but not often.

You will be given the option of staying on the trainer truck, at the same payrate, indefinitely until they do have a truck. Which may be months.

If you do go 4 weeks and are considered to have quit you will have to do more training. If you leave Werner and try to get on another company the chances are very high that you will have to REDO training with them as if you never trained with Werner.

luvtheroad Thanks this.
  9. luvtheroad

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    IROC, thanks for your views and honesty, its much appreciated.

10. PharmPhail

PharmPhail Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2008
    NC
    You forgot once you do get a truck you can idle an average of 4 hours a day when driving, and none on restarts, so good luck sleeping. Sure you'll have a place to put your ####, but you'll live like a homeless person huddled under a bridge to keep the rain off you. You can send elephant man messages over the qualcomm "I am not an animal, I am a man" for all the good it will do you.

11. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Of course, since they are a compassionate company and care for the driver, you will be put up in a motel since they were unable to get you home for the restart.:biggrin_25526:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.