Stay far away from employment with TWT

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by michelle123, Jul 18, 2016.

1. michelle123

michelle123 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2016
    Absolutely terrifying company to work with. The well-being, health, and safety of their drivers is the LAST thing on their list of priorities. As long as their shipments and loads are delivered they will brush off their employees. If you're able to work elsewhere, please do. Very unsafe and unreliable trucks that they provide for their drivers.

Friend, TST65 and Lonesome Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Oh please tell us more details. These folks spam the craigslist every day. They can't be all that bad?

4. michelle123

michelle123 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2016
    A family member of mine worked with this company for about 5 months. Their trucks constantly break down, taken into shops for repair, stay there for days and if the service is less than 3 days driver does not get a loaner truck AND does not get paid for their time spent waiting.

My family member was recently involved in a complete total loss of a truck due to brake failure. The 53' semi was completely engulfed in fire. Luckily, Thank God he was able make it out in time only to experience emotional distress. After this incident TWT terminated him. Rather than consoling and providing support to him, they decide that termination is the best solution.

He has had nothing but constant mechanical issues with each and every truck that he has driven with TWT. They only provide compensation for miles driven not time wasted when their trucks are in the shop. Not too sure about you, but I'm sure most if not all drivers would prefer a safe and reliable truck in their possession, especially with the long drives.

5. Eeyore05

Eeyore05 Medium Load Member

Nov 13, 2015
    'Sconni
    Welcome to trucking...

6. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Did he get his brakes hot coming off of a hill? Is that how the fire started? Why was he terminated?

7. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    She has got about 4-5 threads going on about this.

tucker and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  8. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    They got took hot coming off of mount Ashland. Saw pictures of that one a few days ago. They have a great maintenance schedule for their trucks. Never had any problems getting my system trucked into the shop for issues so I doubt he did either. That sign on the top of the mountain is there for a reason... Maybe next time he won't go flying off of there.

9. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    And TWT mainly runs I-5 with a few runs to Texas or Phoenix with teams getting some east coast runs so he never went that far from home.

10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Lower gears and engine brakes are also there for a reason...

11. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Great post from a TWT driver . . Oh Wait, Michelle123 (aka Bubba on a reset at the J) doesn't even drive for them. I'm sorry but anything starting with "My friend" "My cousin" My pet monkey" smells of fiction.

LindaPV, teamkelly, Roberts450 and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.