Stela Express

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Craymarris, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Craymarris

Craymarris Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2013
    www.stelaexpress.com
    Looking for more info on this company, I no longer believe what i read on craigslist.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. angelsontheroad

angelsontheroad Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Stela Express lies, cheats, and steals from their drivers. A nightmare to run for.

montaguem91 Thanks this.
  4. montaguem91

montaguem91 Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Stay away from this company!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stela Express is a JOKE! They are RIP OFF artists! They don't own their trucks , charge drivers for EVERYTHING if you don't want to make money drive for Stela Express.

5. montaguem91

montaguem91 Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2017

6. Mrmirus math

Mrmirus math Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2019
    Do not do it...I repeat do not do it.

First off the lease deal cost about $1100 a week on fixed expenses.So at the beginning of the week you usually get dispatched from Romeoville,IL. They text , call , etc like they have the best load ever. Trust me it will never be more than $2 bucks a mile. They like the west coast . So let’s say it’s to Cali. They load up the truck with about 3 partial loads three different drops. Cali is about 2000 miles from Romeoville they say it pays $4000. Now this where the greed kicks in . They get 20% of that $4k which leaves $3200 . You going to spend about $2k on fuel. And they charge 12cent per mile ,which is about $220 . Now that $4k is about $1200. You’ve made about$1200 for a week driving 2000 plus miles. And let’s not forget this is 1099 which means you should be paying taxes on the $1200 . Which really means you probably will end up with about $800.

They will never provide the independent contractor (You) with rate cons. Because they get their 20% plus they take whatever else of the top and offer you what’s left. You eventually have to accept it because the clock is ticking and you haven’t made enough to actually get a check at weeks end.

They dispatch on toll roads and turnpikes to make the miles look less than none toll and turnpike roads. But you the driver are responsible for the tolls.

They constantly dispatch you to dead lanes with know regard for backhaul. They chase money and always ends up in dead areas with no freight , or truck to load ratio is all screwed up.

The list goes on and on . I’m just hopeful that someone actually reads reviews and takes the time to read this post. I’m not a angry disgruntled employee I’m just a driver who experienced this operation and how they do business.

Anytime you can earn 8k on paper and come home with maybe 2k you are being robbed . They say you get 80% their take is 20% . But I’m here to tell you it’s the other way around they get the 80% and you get the 20% .......Don’t do it know your worth.

7. FreeBird11

FreeBird11 Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2019

8. FreeBird11

FreeBird11 Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2019
    Did you receive your last paycheck and $2500 escrow back from them?

9. Hustler Logistics

Hustler Logistics Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2016
    I looked a t some of the reviews and the ones that catch my attention are the bad ones and are not true at all. Now look I will say this, there is never one size shoe that fits all. And in trucking there is bad and good companies. And when it comes to truck drivers you cant make them all happy. And no company that you go to work for is perfect. Everybody wants more but the truth is people don't want to put the work in to do it. You will not find a trucking company that cares more about its drivers and about putting money in your pocket then Stela. Now I know you're going to sit there and go well what are they doing for the drivers. Well to be honest they have done everything they give drivers the opportunity to be able to perform and show them what they can do as individuals and team drivers and believe me they are one of the best. So please allow me to tell you the truth with how it works. All of our equipment is Penske and Ryder leases. So what we do for our drivers is basically get you a truck so you can work and make money you can be a owner op or a company driver or run teams. The way it all works is exactly like this Every week you are out an Average of $1400 bucks not including your fuel which can run arouund $1500 up to $2000 depending on how hard you work. So in that $1400 that covers everything your tags, Ifta, Insurance everything you need to be able to work. Thats all we ask out of you no money down no big truck payments we take on all the responsibility to help you. Now the 20% that comes off the Top is our freight charge we own the freight ladies and gentleman we are taking that because we are making your life easier to make money. Your not playing freight broker games sitting all day waiting on a loads. We own the warehouse and the contracts for the freight and guess what it is already here we load you you and your done. That 20% pays the people that works the tail off for you to get you that $5000 dollar load from Chicago to LA. So its like this if you have an average of $8000 a week you will be putting around $2900 dollars in your pocket.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2020
    Reason for edit: removed advertising.
  10. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    Have you read our new Company Rebuttal policy? If not, you should. I've linked to it and will remove some of your recruiting jargon.

TruckersReport Company Rebuttal Policy

11. Hustler Logistics

Hustler Logistics Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2016
    first of all no one is recruiting and its not Jargon if you cant be honest then who can

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.