Stevens Tanker: Oil Field Work?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by hculiver, Feb 14, 2013.

1. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Sure, yes in Texas you can by taking the 24 hour reset. I was speaking for Stevens. They make it abundantly clear you will not run more than 70 hours for them. And I'm sure some guys slip thru the cracks. I'm also pretty sure our resets occur at 34 despite the 24 hour Texas exception.
    We get paid based on clock in time. You are supposed to back date your on duty time on the log to match your clock in time.

If you work the sixth day (they are always asking) but have run 13 hours the previous five your at 65 hours. That would mean your sixth day you can technically only run for 5 hours.

BUT, if you didn't log into the Qualcomm for 45 mins to 1 hour (waiting for assignment, Pretrip, fuel, etc) after clocking in and didn't back date your time, then viola, now you have 10 hours to run on your sixth day because of the hours you banked not following the rules.

That is what I was saying, not generalizing all if the companies that run down here.

unloader

mutbread Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Patrickm213

Patrickm213 Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Take a 24 after the 4th or 5th day. Now you can run 15 on the 6th or 7th and you get paid for 90 hours and stay legal.

4. mutbread

mutbread Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Just got my call from recruiting. I live in San Antonio and drive otr reefer for Central, looked into the reefer side of Stevens and got an offer for regional, but also got a hit on this. I feel like everyone has to start somewhere, just as I did with central to get my cdl and now Stevens is giving me an opportunity to get into Tanker and the oil fields ( reason I moved to Texas) .. I think I'm going to take it, foremost for the consistent earnings, and for the experience. I'm looking forward to getting in, and thanks for the posts, its good to get a feel for a company before jumping in.

canadianredneck Thanks this.
  5. StankyLeg

StankyLeg Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2014

How was orentiation. Are they really who the say they are. What type of tractor was road test manual or auto. What type of drug test did they do. Did you start working in SA right after orientation.

6. mutbread

mutbread Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Stankyleg, going for orientation on the 28th of July. Road test is in a Mac pennicle 13spd according to the recruiter. I'm guessing drug test will be urine, almost all of them are. Plus you'll have the standard DOT physical. There are three yards for tanker down by San Antonio, Gonzales, Stockdale and dilley. I picked Stockdale and was told that's not a problem, its the closest to my house by 30 miles or so. I'll keep posting as I get in there. Was already called twice to verify I was still planning on coming to orientation.

7. StankyLeg

StankyLeg Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2014
    I want to apply for Stockdale. Not to sure at this moment really not into the companies with the big names. Just keep me posted let me know how it goes.

8. unloader

Jan 7, 2013
    I know you weren't asking me, but I just went through orientation about two months or so ago.

It's in Dallas. Room at the Motel 6. It's Skanks-R-US for sure, condoms sold in the vending machine lol.
    Road test was in a Mack 13-speed day cab with a vac-tank trailer. No backing test (which surprised me). No autos here that I am aware of. Urine, DOT physical. I was in orientation Monday through Thursday (drug test came back a day late due to weather) and I was in Stockdale for yard orientation that Friday. Saturday I began training.

It's all a process, but it goes by quick. The first two weeks at $125 a day isn't the greatest, but its only for two weeks.

unloader

mutbread Thanks this.
  9. StankyLeg

StankyLeg Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Skants r us lmao. Thanks for the big up. How has it been since you got finish training. Are you nite shift or day. Is they pay really what they say?

10. StankyLeg

StankyLeg Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Also I'm from Louisiana the recruiter told me I need Texas driver license for this job but I don't want to retake the hazmat test. I know they will pay it just I don't want to retake it. Do you no how true it is that I must have a Texas dl when Stevens nationwide

11. unloader

Jan 7, 2013
    Yeah they will make you switch your license over.

unloader

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.