Stevens Transport - Dallas, Tx.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by bb king, Jun 10, 2005.

1. flightwatch

flightwatch Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Somewhere in Texas
    Yep. And any company with a little sense loves a Stevens trained driver for exactly those reasons. It's not a good outfit to work for, but it's about the best there is to train with.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Sounds like Stevens has some pretty good training. I didn't know that but now that I think about it, everytime I see a Stevens driver they seem to appear to know what they're doing. However you guys do realize that you could make $10, 000 to $15, 000 more a year by going with a different starter company?

stacks Thanks this.
  4. stacks

stacks Road Train Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Emerald Isle
    Without sounding biased here my original question was if Stevens are bringing drivers in from outside
    Of the USA on work visa's apparently
    I heard of 2 European drivers there ' but then with mass unemployment in the USA and a presidential election in the running I wonder if this is just internet bs .

5. Ex-Con-Trucker

Ex-Con-Trucker Medium Load Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Atlanta, Ga
    So glad I saved and went to a private cdl school. Save 100 a month for a couple of years if you have to. Anything is better than being a slave to one of these greedy companies.

6. Jonkie

Jonkie Medium Load Member

Mar 29, 2016
    I paid cash for my wife's CDL, 5 grand . Then trained her myself . No puppy mill or weirdo dirtbags for her

GypsyLady Thanks this.
  7. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    That's scary right there. Western Express started me @ $.26 a mile and I was up to $.36 a mile after a year($.41 on certain short runs and/or high value loads-usually 300 miles or less).

stacks Thanks this.
  8. artbermiss

artbermiss Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2016
    While going through the extensive hiring process, I passed all of the background checks, driving record, work history, etc. The company's "safety department" chose to stop the hiring process for me because I had traveled overseas and had not been driving in the U.S. for one year during my service. I didn't realize the company wished to make up non-existent rules about who can drive in the U.S. and who cannot. I have never had an accident, never been arrested, and never lost my license. If the service had been for war, they would have pat me on the back. But as it was, I was taking care of war-orphaned children who had been rejected from public education. I have traveled and driven in 36 states in the U.S. Plus I have traveled to 2 Canadian provinces, 4 Mexico provinces, and Africa. Don't buy the hype. They are not interested in getting you started in your career as a professional driver.

GypsyLady, stacks and LindaPV Thank this.
  9. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    You probably dodged a bullet anyway.

GypsyLady and Lone Ranger 13 Thank this.
  10. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    That sounds like a blessing in disguise. I've heard stories from ex-Stevens drivers that sometimes they do surveillance on their drivers/vehicles.

Voodoo Pyg Thanks this.
  11. Milkman719

Milkman719 Medium Load Member

May 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    I want the job that does the surveillance. Im sure its a cush job

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.