I live in Chilliwack, BC, about 60 miles from Vancouver. I'm wondering if it is worth looking into buying a good used 22'-26' to create a business out of. I'm well used to business ownership. I'm 47 now.
Thanks for any answers you can provide. I'm not in the least bit worried about the corporate structure/accounting aspects.
- Is the straight truck market healthy in the Lower Mainland/Fraser Valley? Washington?
- How do you charge? By the mile, or by the load? Who sets rates?
- Where do you go to find loads? Transport companies? Who would you talk to about getting loads?
- How much can a guy net in say, a week or a month?
- Are there any known "runs" that they are always looking for drivers for?
- Are there any known problems or reasons to run far away from this idea?