Stryker SR-955HP SSB Best settings for CB channels?

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by AvalonLimos, Oct 12, 2016.

1. AvalonLimos

AvalonLimos Bobtail Member

Oct 12, 2016
    You have a newbie here that needs a little help. I am curious to what settings are best on the Stryker SR-955HP SSB for say channel 19 on the CB? I have always had CB's and figuring this one out slowly. It has been tuned and peaked and sounds great. Radio check pulled fairly good IMO but I have no doubt that I do not have it on the best settings as far as AM/FM/USB, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
  4. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Well all the settings are personal ones..Volume/squelch ect..
    Use rf gain sorta like a 2nd volume to tone down static..Run power 1/2 to 3/4 and make radio last yrs longer..Run atleast 12 ga power supply wire depending where power is commin from but i suggest 8ga direct from battery..Even go 6ga if you if your running a long power supply wire..Allows for power wire amp lossy..
    Lotsa youtube vids to watch and decide with..

bored silly Thanks this.
  5. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Careful with the use of the term peak n tune cause many of them and other radios get peaked n ruined..
    Converted yes but thats only to use on the cb band(11 meter)
    The 955 is my radio of choice but soon to be getting a 955 xxx

6. AvalonLimos

Oct 12, 2016
    I understand the "personal" settings but as far as am.fm.usb, lsb, etc. When I say I am a newbie, I meant real newbie. Other than personal settings what should the switches be on to get to channel say 19?

7. AvalonLimos

Oct 12, 2016
    Professional CB shop took care ot it. They have done my CB's for years, I am just new to the 10 meter.

8. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    The knob thats on d is the freq range,i dont know them off hand but for example lets say 27,185- 27,500 and so on up and down the radios freq range..Am is where you want it...If you go fm you get to many local radio stations playin music and commericals(*snickers kidding*)

AvalonLimos Thanks this.
  9. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    For now leave it on am....usb and lsb is upper and lower side band..Channels a normal cb dont have..More freq between normal cb channels if you wanna hide sorta speak from most cb users,assumeing your cb bud has a radio able to do the same..Fm is something different again but i dont know how to explain it cause im not 100% sure what it is myself..I think its to do with range and type along with how signal moves..Better off doin a google search..

AvalonLimos Thanks this.
  10. darthanubis

darthanubis Heavy Load Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Why not read the manual? And learn what a radio actually I'd supposed to accomplish. Wish I had of before eating good money.

11. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Why would you eat money...Give it to me and let me find useless ways to spend it for ya

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.