Stuck in Phoenix, please help!

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by Jenny&Benny, Oct 24, 2015.

1. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    OP, If you can I'd avoid centerline. Airgas on the other hand will hire with a ticket on your record so long as it isn't a "major" violation. The OP wouldn't be able to run bulk without at least a year pulling tanks but he could run a cylinder route truck or a transfer truck.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
    Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Probably way over 15mph above the speed limit.

4. Jenny&Benny

Jenny&Benny Bobtail Member

Oct 24, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    My work history is less than perfect, but not horrible. I'm sure there's worse. Some people have told me the two combined was enough for them not to want me...

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  5. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    No reason to come and here and say 1 and then go on and say a couple... Its a forum and we don't know your name... Spill the beans man.... You want honest opinions or you want to hide stuff and then have people on here clown you? If you cant let it out here what do you expect? UPS to hire you?

Jrdude5 Thanks this.
  6. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
    I LOL at your name to... Keep thinking 'Ben&Jerry" Seriously

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Try Sunland Asphalt for tanker driver. I've delivered there several times & seems like a good outfit.
    Road Dog
    Concord Martin - intermodal

8. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
    He is having trouble with his history, he cant remember.... China let him catch up, before his mind is over worked

Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. Jenny&Benny

Jenny&Benny Bobtail Member

Oct 24, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Not trying to hide anything. Yep, it's a 15 over in a car. That + less than stellar work history = problem in the trucking industry. I could probably eventually find something but I would really like to stay with JB hunt and do Intermodal Here. Also I have bills and can't spend a lot of time out of work. They have a ton of tractors here for it, I'd do anything for JB hunt here as long as it got me home every day.

10. Lightside

Lightside Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2015
    What sort of company do you drive for? and what's a good carrier to start with being a rookie and all myself.

11. MM71

MM71 Heavy Load Member

Jun 28, 2008
    AZ
    If you want local. And are having trouble "getting approved". I would suggest going to one of the temp to hire places. Either Transforce or CDS (Contracted Driver Services).

Hazmat tanker will be your best bet for good pay in the phoenix area for local work. But, whatever is disqualifying you from swift ... will probably kill any chance you have with an "elite" carrier that pays well.

Get on craigslist, search local jobs, and get after applying to the ones that interest you if you chose to not do temp to hire.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.