Student driver wreck

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by SISYPHUS, Sep 25, 2015.

1. SISYPHUS

SISYPHUS Medium Load Member

Jul 24, 2015
    HADES
    I witnessed an accident about an hour ago on US 412 just west of Jackson, Tn. It was between a car and a T/T with "Student Driver" emblazoned all over it. All I seen was the car flying into the median, so not sure if the student caused it or not. Parts of the car were hanging from the dot bumper and if there was a passenger they wouldn't of survived. Life flight came and went, and the news crew was still there when I got through. If anyone can find a link please post it...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HorseShoe

HorseShoe Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Yikes....bad situation

4. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    What a way to start a potential career...at least he has learned how to fill out an accident report.

5. SISYPHUS

Jul 24, 2015
    HADES
    Lol

6. Random Finger

Random Finger Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2015
  7. SISYPHUS

Jul 24, 2015
    HADES
    Man, I woulda helped - but between the responders and lights all over I chose to sit it out - last time I responded to the victims I triaged the injured - then promptly fainted. I felt it was way to close to death so NEVER again...

8. tech10171968

tech10171968 Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Daytona Beach, FL
    I wouldn't feel too bad. Sounds like professional help was already on the scene, and you would've just ended up getting in the way.

Big Don Thanks this.
  9. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Personally, I think there needs to be a special closed track somewhere for students to learn [and become at least somewhat proficient] to shift all the way through the gears, up and down, before being allowed to get out on public roads, especially high-speed thoroughfares.

No doubt the truck was crawling, if not nearly stopped, and probably no flashers on either.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  10. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Little late to this one but I reconstructed plenty of wrecks so if you need some help with an accident for hit me up..lol

The school I attended had a car rear end the student in the truck. I knew the driver also,

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.