Stuff for MY truck! Fridge, microwave, slow cooker?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by JustSonny, Jul 27, 2010.

1. outerspacehillbilly

outerspacehillbilly "Instigator of the Legend"

May 28, 2009
    The Who's Your State
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    Yeah that is definitely a must! One thing my wife and I used to do was buy those erasable markers and write directions or important things such as fuel times or mile markers or where we needed to fuel etc... on the window or windshield so that you can read it while you are driving and are not distracted by fumbling through a book or map. It is also handy if you need to write down a phone number or something while you are driving. This made life so much easier! That and the "next exit" book!

JustSonny Thanks this.
  4. milskired

milskired Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    I never thought about that. Awesome Idea. The only thing I have done that for was CASEVAC 9 lines and well things in the Corp for reports you have to send up over the radio when you get a casualty or need to call in close air support.

JustSonny Thanks this.
  5. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC

Why do trucks have flies? And the backscratcher....I "hire" it done!:biggrin_2559:

6. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    Do you use this instead of or along with the National Truck Stop Directory? Do you have a copy or do you subscribe to the online version?
    Thanks!

7. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    I thought the other end of a flyswatter was a back scratcher.......:biggrin_25523:

JustSonny Thanks this.
  8. Kittyfoot

Kittyfoot Crusty Ancient

Sep 21, 2009
    Sorrento, Louisiana
    One thing about Atlases .... the Texas map. Do yourself a favor and pick up a Texas map at the welcome center. Those do not have the nearly solid Orange route outlines. Dang atlas map will give you eyestrain trying to find anything.

Loongshotz and JustSonny Thank this.
  9. Jimbo60

Jimbo60 Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2009
    High desert CA
    I don't know if this has been mentioned yet so....

The most valuable thing that I have in my truck is my notebook.

Every new shipper and receiver gets a page. Directions, what side of the road they are on, gate instructions, special circumstances, hours, unloading procedure etc.... basically anything that comes to mind including important names and such

Same for new routes. Special conditions, correct lanes for exits and interchanges yada,yada.....

Makes life easier when you go back there.... and you will...

.............. Jim

10. milskired

milskired Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    I figured that was a given... Hey Jim where are you fro out in CA? I am up here in 29 Palms.

JustSonny Thanks this.
  11. Jolsen

Jolsen Heavy Load Member

Mar 6, 2010
    East of the big crick
    I use what is called a steno notepad spiral bound. I write all my trip numbers miles deadhead location from. locations of shipper and con. bol ship# seal # ect ect on it. then come friday I pull up my paycheck on the qc. Then I take this stamp from staples that says PAID$ and when I see I have been paid I stamp that page. Thus how I know if I haven't been paid for a trip. Also I make note of which trailers go to mexico with my err I mean werners straps inside the box so I can get reimbursed. also if I scale the load and parts ie:mudflap trailer light ect.

JustSonny Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.