Success Rate

Discussion in 'Millis' started by DownToTruck, Aug 10, 2015.

1. DownToTruck

DownToTruck Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2015
    My Old Kentucky Home
    What is the success rate for the Millis Traning Program? What percent of driver's actually end up getting their license? Also, when you test out for your license do you do it in your home state or with a third party tester at the training school? I have never drove a truck before so I'll be as green as they get and I was just wondering.

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Millis has driver facing cameras in the trucks.

4. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Millis has one of the better training programs going. I would worry less about any "success rate" and more about focusing a 100% of your energy into learning how to drive. That is how you will become a successful driver. You gotta want this.

As for testing out in your state, third party testing, try contacting a recruiter for more information on that.

I personally trained with Central Refrigerated (now owned by SWIFT) and had a good, solid experience. Learned a lot and didn't have a nightmare trainer. Look at all your options, however, I've read Millis has a decent program.

Best of luck to you.

unloader

5. DownToTruck

Aug 9, 2015
    My Old Kentucky Home
    Thanks and what do camera's in the trucks do? Do you have to keep both hands on the wheel and all of that stuff?

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You will be told the cameras only record during an event such as crash, hard braking, etc. In reality you can be monitored at any time.

7. DownToTruck

Aug 9, 2015
    My Old Kentucky Home
    Yea that's what I figured China. I've actually just been offered a job a mile from my house making 12 an hour so I'm thinking I may just take it and work there a year or two and save up enough money and pay for school on my own. I am 27 now though and I don't want to wait to long but I think this is what I may do. There is a weekend school in Oak Ridge TN and I may try that in about a year after I save up enough money.

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I'm familiar with Oak Ridge. I'm a former Tennessean from Robertson County.
    Check the unemployment office about them paying for CDL school.
    R.E. West in Lebanon has their own school and no contract is involved.

9. DownToTruck

Aug 9, 2015
    My Old Kentucky Home
    Ohh ok, I'm from right on the Ky Tn Line, I live about 5 mins from I75 in Ky. I can see Tennessee from my window. Do you think it would be a good idea to just take that job until I get my ducks in a row, because 12 dollars is great around here because the cost of living is so low. I am going to drive a truck though I just wanted to have my license by the time I hit 30.

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    In my teens at night I could see the fires from moonshiners making that whiskey. Didn't think much about it at the time, but looking back, I was watching glorified history as it happened. My friends and I would cruise around on the back roads on our motor scooters and see those fires.One of my classmates father had a still set up in a barn right behind our house.

11. DownToTruck

Aug 9, 2015
    My Old Kentucky Home
    Oh yeah lol, moonshine's a dying art here now ever since it became legal. They sale it at the liquor store at exit 141 on Jellico Mtn now. Just a sad run down place now, hard to find a job making over 8 dollars an hour. Ever since I was a kid I can remember seeing those trucks in town because we live right on the interstate and thinking "I'm gonna do that one day." I also remember so many of the truckers complaining about Jellico Mtn in the restaurants and what not. I live right under that mountain and as soon as it starts raining you can set your watch to it you will hear sirens and see the north bound lanes crawl to a stop. Really is a dangerous place but growing up here I guess we just became immune to it. Do you think it is a good idea to just work that job for maybe a year or so and save up some money and then go trucking?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.