Success Rate

Discussion in 'Millis' started by DownToTruck, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Popcorn Sutton was my hero and one of the best moonshiners ever. He even has his own page on Wikipedia.

As for the school, that's up to you, but making $12.00 an hour it will take a while to save enough for tuition. If money is that tight, try for a state grant or trucking company school. Since you live in KY probably can't get into R.E.West school. Try Earl Henderson Trucking or KLLM. Henderson would be best considering they have guaranteed minimum weekly pay. Probably make about $55K there your first year.

mrdot and born&raisedintheusa Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DownToTruck

DownToTruck Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2015
    My Old Kentucky Home
    Ok yea I will, yea ole popcorn was from Maggie Valley, NC but was a local hero around here. Have you ever hauled anything on 25E it runs from Corbin Ky through the mountains to the smokies and even farther I think, anyways that is considered to be the original thunder road. It goes through Middlesboro KY too. Im about an hour away from it. There are historical markers there saying more moonshine was ran down that road than any other. Idk how true that is, but it sounds legit to me.

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I've run 25E, but not all the way to NC.
    My father ran moonshine in his younger days, but never ran anymore after being discharged from the Army right after WWII. His brother kept doing it though after discharge from the Navy. My mother put a stop to that, but he did modify car engines for moonshine runners. He finally quit that after she kept the pressure on. She was afraid I would become involved in it. My hero in high school wasn't some jock, but a guy a couple years ahead of me that ran moonshine on weekends and some during the week. He drove a fancy expensive green & white Buick. That still goes on, but not like in the "good old days."

5. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    I had those same questions. Success rate is 98% (those that try and fail, not quit) and after your 15,000 miles with a trainer you are routed to home state for DMV road test.

6. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    In my class of 7 people, two quit before orientation (one of whom had a CDL just needed experience) and two quit or were let go during time with their trainer before getting their CDL. 3 out of 7 made it through the program. That's a 42% success rate.

7. JOHNQPUBLIC

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    From my original post "(those that try and fail, not quit)"

8. L.B.

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    quitting is failure of the mind

So one out of seven failed from my group. I believe it was because Millis gives you three tries at the CDL examiner IIRC. Any more than that and it's up to their discretion whether you remain hired on with them or not.

9. JOHNQPUBLIC

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    So about an 86% success rate for your class.

10. L.B.

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    No, if you don't count the people who quit, then 3 of 4 passed. Or 75%

11. L.B.

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    but if you aren't including all of the people who started then your numbers are skewed.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.