Success Rate

Discussion in 'Millis' started by DownToTruck, Aug 10, 2015.

1. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    As I initially said, I do not count people who quit and the number the recruiter gave did not count people who quit. Regardless of what the recruiter said I personally would not count people who quit either. Only people who stayed for the whole program or made it as far as they could in the program before failing out by not meeting set standards, failing tests etc...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    then your numbers will never be accurate.

Be sure not to count yourself after you quit either

4. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    Actually you should probably be asking why people quit instead of just ignoring them.

Think about it. While the recruiter helps their numbers by not including the people who quit, they don't ignore the quitters. They still go after them for the tuition they owe. They are just manipulating the numbers to make them look better and you are just eating it all up.

5. JOHNQPUBLIC

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    I disagree with your logic, you disagree with mine. So when someone has a different opinion then yours you resort to being a jerk. Typical of the crap I have come to find is all to prevalent on this web site. Don't worry, I won't be quitting.

SHOJim Thanks this.
  6. JOHNQPUBLIC

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    I was just passing on to the other poster what a recruiter told me when I asked that specific question. I didn't say I was eating anything up or verifying it is true.

I know a lot of people quit for a lot of different reasons. Problems at home, decided it's not for them etc.... I do not feel that is reflective on the success rate of a program. That is a personal choice vs a failure of them to pass a program after completing or attempting to complete the whole thing but being unable to because they failed required tests or tasks.

Like I said, you disagree with my logic, I disagree with yours. I'm ending this at that. I knew it was going to turn into a #### storm as soon as I replied back to you the first time.

7. Old - School

Old - School Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2011
    When I went thru training in January of 2012 all of us successfully got into our own trucks. 6 of us. As far as I know there's still 3 out of our class still with Millis.

I do believe ours was an exception. From what I've heard there's about a 50 percent wash out. Meaning half of the people who signed up and left before getting their own truck assigned to them for what ever reason, oued 5000 dollars and never got their CDL.

I believe this to be accurate but I can't prove it. Just look at the people that come on here saying their about to start training and after a few posts you never hear from them again.

8. Solo_Seat

Solo_Seat Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    My class had 13. 2 didn't show up, 1 quit during the training, 1 was sent home during the training, and another didn't finish the OTR training. So 8 out of 13 completed finished in my class.

9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Which is it,you quit or got sent home during training and howcome?I know while during the training phase its hard.

10. Solo_Seat

Solo_Seat Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
  11. Finalsomnia

Finalsomnia Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Woodstock, GA
    He didn't say "I" as in himself, he said "1" as in the number one.

Solo_Seat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.