Success Rate

Discussion in 'Millis' started by DownToTruck, Aug 10, 2015.

1. str8t10

str8t10 Medium Load Member

Apr 25, 2015
    Rochester,ny
    I don't see why you're so concerned. Almost any truck school is gonna teach you the bare minimum to pass the written and road test. If you have the brain capacity and you're mechanically inclined you'll be fine. Worry about yourself and not others. I went to a private school around rochester,ny. It cost me 6 grand out of pocket and I don't owe anyone a penny. I already had plenty of experience and a pre hire as i got my permit on my own and was driving local with my future boss. They would actually split up my class which had 10 including myself and had me teaching 4 of the 10 students during yard training. I never touched a book during school but i did read them before the 3 week course started.But that's me. I'm no super trucker but I'm very intelligent. So if you think you can do it then go for it. I'm not knocking you. Get your hands dirty and get er done son!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    I 'failed' out of the Millis program...........
    I like to think, and I tell myself that the reason I 'failed' was because I wasn't being trained to do anything other than drive as long and as far as I could in in given day, try to park in truckstops after 8:00 at night because my 'trainer' wouldn't drag his fat arse out of the bunk before 0800 in the morning, and cheat the qualcom.
    After I failed the driving portion of the CDL test 3 times (never once made it out of the parking lot), they sent me home.
    So, I paid my way through the local tech school (I think it was around $1500), passed the test on the first try (only losing 1 point), and hired on with Schneider and they reimbursed my tuition.
    My experience with Millis was very unhappy but I know there are plenty of people who succeeded and are happy with them.
    My advice to anyone is to pay your way through a good school (usually a tech school) and get reimbursed. Honestly, the 'company sponsored' programs seem to be hose jobs with just about any company.......with some companies much, much worse than others.

Good luck.

4. Solo_Seat

Solo_Seat Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    Dipschitt...you have valid points. After going through Milli's school, your success rested almost entirely in your OTR trainer's hands. Luckily, I had a very good one but I know others that didn't and they got all turned around on the road and just couldn't make sense of it. They failed, never got their CDL, and left with the intent of never trying to drive again. My training with Millis was excellent... the rest is a different story I wont go into because its all water under the bridge now

Old - School Thanks this.
  5. DoubleO7

DoubleO7 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois

A lot of life is luck in spite of what people say about a work ethic.

6. Solo_Seat

Solo_Seat Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    Very true...I know some hard working folks that can't catch a break and I know some lazy folks that can fall out of a tree, break a leg, and bleed money.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.