Suggestions improving driveway for Dump Trailer

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by skobydog, Jul 15, 2015.

1. marineman227

marineman227 Dock Waterer

Jan 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    Doesn't really take a wide driveway as long as it's a straight shot once you're in, a wide apron makes it easier coming off a narrow street

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skobydog

skobydog Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2015
    The apron was a bit of a challenge because there's water drainage issues at the top of the driveway and I didn't want to disrupt that until I knew exactly what I was going to do.

The red area is where the old driver had to go. The yellow is where a truck can travel now. I didn't do much with the apron yet but could widen that a couple feet or more I guess.

I think I made it easier I don't want to disrupt the apron area but can. It's only gravel/dirt so I can back fill it later if I need to.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  4. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Can you get that coal palletized like wood pellets....?

Delivered by flat bed with jiffy type fork lift ....

5. skobydog

skobydog Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2015
    This delivery is rice coal and the stove is just like a pellet stove. If I get it bagged costs quite a bit more and almost cheaper just buying it local.

With the loose coal I can have it dumped just about anywhere out of the way and leave the pile open in my yard. I don't even really need to cover it except that it turns into a block of ice if you don't, lol.

Cat sdp Thanks this.
  6. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Find a driver who knows what he's doing and there would be no problem. Problem is, a lot of drivers these days are lazy and incompetent. If it isn't a perfect straight-line back, they don't want to do it...and even if it is, they might not be able to. If you're driving an end dump, you should be able to do this:

7. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

I can do that with my dry bulk. Lol. Call me when you need help. Ha. Just playing bulldog.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.