Suggestions to small towns along the interstate

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Infosaur, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Every town has that one gas station that was boarded up & leveled 20+ years ago.

I suggest the town offer to split the cost between local dining establishments and perhaps a tax incentive (?) to make a "strictly 1 hour parking" pad.

You get off the highway, pull in, walk to a nearby restaurant/dinner/fast food or grocery, out in just under an hour. Cops can ticket all they like for trucks staying more than 90 min. ($150 and up?)

Local restaurants can advertise. Just to be funky, let them paint their logos and delivery numbers on the ground of the lot.

Just a thought.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Decent idea. How many spots you propose on having?

4. Straight Stacks

Straight Stacks Paper Cha$er

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Will be too many piss bottles and garbage on the ground to see logos/delivery numbers.

5. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    Could be useful to bypass Walmart and buy ma n pa shops. Clearly it would be abused and drivers would use it to park their truck to go home or their 10 hour break. I don't think local police want to deal with truckers all week long

vanishing point Thanks this.
  6. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

No more than a half dozen or so. Pull thoughs. About the size of a quick-stop gas station, but without the buildings or pumps.

I was at a spot in northern Georgia yesterday and there was a small lot between a Hardee's and a hotel. Neither seemed to claim ownership, but you could jump in and walk to about 5 other restaurants/fast food.

In PA the Wawas, Sheetz & Rutters usually have about 3-8 spaces. And they have no trouble keeping people from staying a while. I see more abandoned trucks at TA.

7. realdesertkickin

realdesertkickin Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Tustoned Arizona
    Save space for me and Large Marge..We're 10-19 with foot on back of the injector ten fo?
    [​IMG]

jammer910Z Thanks this.
  8. WisconsinF150

WisconsinF150 Light Load Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Small towns don't want trucks in their town, besides, you'll see trucks parked overnight if the sign sez just 1 hr parking.

9. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    I thank it, but because it's true and disappoints me. A novel idea, however, if the fat, lazy slobs wouldn't be just that.

10. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine

11. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I own a half acre parking area and the cars litter more than the trucks.
    I actually saw a woman in a car throw out a cardboard box, I was a ways away and hollered at her, I should have chased her down

vanishing point and WisconsinF150 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.