Sun Teck Transport failed to direct me to take a random when i had asked for help to find a clinic

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Thomas Grove, Oct 1, 2015.

1. rookiedoorbumper

rookiedoorbumper Light Load Member

Aug 27, 2015
    NJ
    So what happens when a company fails to notify the driver?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    notadarnthing. The company informs the driver of the need to take the test.

4. TheHodag

TheHodag Light Load Member

Exactly, but any failure or refusal gets reported on your DAC. We use a third party that administers our randoms. We all are required to carry chain of custody forms in our trucks so that we have them on hand just in case of an accident or notification of a random. I've never relied upon anyone to send me to a clinic - when I get pulled for a random, I'm at a Concentra within hours. I'm not taking any chances.

truckon and icsheeple Thank this.
  5. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    everything is always someone elses fault

icsheeple Thanks this.
  6. DustyRoad

DustyRoad Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Gulf of Mexico
    Failure to submit is one reason a company can legally fire a driver!

7. rocknroll81

rocknroll81 Road Train Member

Sep 29, 2010
    West Allis Wi.
    Yup, it's the American way now a days...

8. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    Everyone deserves a trophy...

Lonesome and truckon Thank this.
  9. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    What do you mean you got a a text message notifying you to go get a drug test? message on the on board qualcomm device or message on your personal phone or company provided phone?
    Lots of questions here. Pretty sure the company cannot 'tip' you off to a drug test by telling you what it (the message) is about. They have to catch you on the actual phone converstation and go over a bunch of legal schpiel, reading directly from the little green book.

Now at my old company, they might send a message on QC stating it is important for me to call in-- i can figure I'm up for a drug test. So I did call in and DM read the legal junk out from the book and gave me an address and 1 hour time limit to go 56 miles. Start driving and 12 minutes later get another message, pull over to read and it is a differnet address to go to now. Send message back asking which address to go to, no response.

Let's just say the next time they asked me to call in, I dodged them for over a week running around the country and manipulating my Elogs and not 'reading' my messages (touch a message is 'reading' it to them) til my 14 hour clock was almost expired. The terminal manager got involved and refused to book my truck until I called in. I let her know, don't mess with me I don't mess with you.

truckon Thanks this.
  10. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Yep...
    We should all eat at McDonald's more often so we can fit our image better ....I'm sure the world is still very impressed with us
    .... I'm very disappointed personally and it has nothing to do with a political view, in fact I know there is no such thing as a rep or a dem....
    Really they are both on the same team if you knew the truth you would be (((shocked)))
    I'm not one to give away a secret but not every thing can be hidden in plain view as they think
    ......all I will say is: I love my country and will defend her freedom to the death if necessary
    "We are the oath keepers"
    And there is nothing more to it

11. adowns1810

adowns1810 Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2013
    WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED? I MAY CAN HELP YOU. HOW FAR ARE YOU FROM SAVANNAH GA?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.