swift "driver support"

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Cromwell, Jun 3, 2015.

1. pete1

pete1 Heavy Load Member

How do you know its inaccurate?
    From working in the office?
    Lol....

Cromwell Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cromwell

Cromwell Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Maybe he wishes he could. But doesn't have the have the unnecessary college degree to qualify...

pete1 Thanks this.
  4. Cromwell

Jun 3, 2015
    If staff members knew what was accurate or inaccurate info, this would be more of a Q&A board than a forum wouldn't it?

pete1 and TB John Thank this.
  5. percussion

percussion Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Why is Swifts CSA score so bad???
    Last year I got a green prepass about 75% of the time. This year I almost never get past an open scale.
    The other day I was in the office for a random drug screen and was listening to the staff talking about how they had 11 people in for Orientation that morning. Now there was only one left.
    Unbelievably, then they started discussing how can they get one other guy in.
    I was there when the road tester came in and said " I can't pass him he cannot SHIFT GEARS,
    And he was looking at the gearshift and RAN A STOP SIGN!"
    What was their solution?
    MAYBE WE CAN GET HIM IN AN AUTOMATIC
    I am not kidding you. My first thought was how did he get the license?
    (This was road test before going with a mentor)
    I only work for swift because I I can join and quit easy when I feel like it ( 3 times now) and their terminal is close to where I live, also I used to make decent money with little hassle.
    That said I'm about done with them for these reasons,
    Equipment quality way down, after being thrashed by rookies.
    They don't check it before trying to give you a truck, I was actually assigned a truck with three flat tires and no working air con once. Another one you had to hold the steering wheel
    Fifteen degrees left to keep it on the road. One with air leaks and broken Qualcomm.
    All this wasted my time to get fixed.
    Also, no one answers the phone. I waited three hours the other day just trying to get through for a flat. This is typical now . Like Central used to be.
    Impossible preplans. Don't they have a computer to tell them I can't live unload and pick up 100 miles away in one hour?
    Yesterday I arrived at a shipper on time for my appointment and was told.
    " your company rescheduled, you have to come back tonight???? Wtf
    Last month I sat in a hot truck four days (times) because of " reschedule "
    Anyway that's my rant I'm about sick of it if I'm not making money why am I in this truck anyway. Last straw is driver facing cameras, dash cam GREAT! Driver facing is just to harass you. If you can't trust your drivers get new ones, put them in automatics haha
    Lastly, the people, office, shop, breakdown etc are all Very nice, when you can get them on the phone.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    Reason for edit: Forgot about cameras
    Toomanybikes and pete1 Thank this.
  6. polytrucker

polytrucker Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2014
    Garden Grove Ca
    Swift is good company. The only problems I had with them were the night dispatchers. But a veteran told me just call to Phoenix and that solved that lol. They had me running all the time , if your a hard worker and like to run you'll be ok but if your a lazy type turn down loads be ready to be stuck at the loves for a couple days.

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  7. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    I always appreciate it when 'office staff' can break from their busy schedule of Facebooking and Amazon to post here and confirm what everybody has been saying. Apparently I hit a nerve. The truth tends to do that.

I hope after you cooled off with a smoke break and lunch you got back to you usual holiday tasks on Swift's dime; social networking, e-shopping, and google. Don't worry about all the drivers working on the holidays to make your pay. Their problems will be there for the next shift.

pete1 Thanks this.
  8. Seng

Seng Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Any one interest taking over my lease. I recent got into swift owner op leasing truck on October 2014. I have a red 2015 freightliner cascade evo 13 speed. About 15**** miles. Maintenence up to day. Everything is still new. Willing to put some cash in if some one is willing to take over. The reason I posting this because I found a local job. Need to find some one soon.

9. Cromwell

Jun 3, 2015
    Oh where to start.....
    First off, mack e6 is a FORUM staff member. NOT a SWIFT staff member. OBVIOUSLY

Second, why the #### would a SWIFT staff member be on a trucking forum bashing themselves when instead they could be facebooking, shopping on amazon and googling?

Third, why the #### would you come on a swift bashing forum, find a "swift staff member", and bash him for bashing himself?

Oh my gosh bro this is why you still work for swift

10. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Are you currently working for Swift?

11. polytrucker

polytrucker Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2014
    Garden Grove Ca
    No, I'm with JB Hunt Dedicated. Needed more hometime.

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.