Swift driving record check

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Drivesafe757, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Drivesafe757

Drivesafe757 Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2016
    I've always wanted to drive trucks but never could because I kinda messed up my driving record when I first got my license at the age of 17. when I turned 25 I decided to start careing about my driving record. Cr England told me that if I don't get anymore moving violations for the next three years they would be able to let me in so I tried my best not to get any tickets. unfortunately because my wife I ended getting pulled one day and charge with operating uninsured vehicle, then after I got 1 speeding, 1 operate inspected vehicle, and 1 no headlight ticket. Now the speeding ticket happen in 2014 the rest happen in 2015 for me this is a big improvement because my driving record wasn't acceptable at all 4years ago. but anyway I called swift last week and the recruiter told ran my info and told me that I have to wait till march 20 because I had a ticket that will drop off my record around that time she told me that I have 4 moving violations in the past 5 years with them you can't have no more then 3 in passed 5 years so when that 1 drop off I will only have 3. I am very shocked that she didn't tell me my driving record was to bad to work for them I'm actually really excited but nervous too. I don't wanna be one of them guys that get put out on the side of the rd while in orientation because something on my driving record so I'm wondering if the recruiter run your driving record and say its acceptable to start how likely is it that I'll be sent home in the middle of training because something on my driving record...I told the recruiter everything on my record new an old

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TheJrodTest

TheJrodTest Light Load Member

May 5, 2015
    The Road to Omaha
    No offense - just wondering why it is your wife's fault you got pulled over and charged with "No Insurance". No judgment, but you have to be pretty self reliant and responsible to make trucking work for you...

TequilaSunrise Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Apply with some more companies; Swift isn't the only game in town.

5. TequilaSunrise

TequilaSunrise Medium Load Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Seattle, WA
    Maybe it's the mommy in me, but I would advise my kid to wait longer.

Right now, She's taking the bus and using uber to get back and forth to her job right because she is an inattentive driver with multiple tickets and accidents. I am dreading the day that she gets another car.

Right now her insurance would be $350+ a month for liability on a 15 year old car. She's also waiting on a ticket to "fall off" of her record.

I would be scared for her to drive a big truck when she can't manage a Ford Focus. o_O

6. lagbrosdetmi

lagbrosdetmi Box Monkey

Jul 1, 2014
    Detroit
    His wife got distracted making sandwiches and forgot to pay the premium. Broads, I tell ya.

bottomdumpin and TheJrodTest Thank this.
  7. Drivesafe757

Feb 8, 2016
    Non taking...the reason y it was her fault is because it was her car I was driving and totally unaware that she didn't have insurance at that time but anyways you guys got any good info for me?

TheJrodTest Thanks this.
  8. Drivesafe757

Feb 8, 2016
    Ur record actually sound worst then mine without even stating details

9. Drivesafe757

Feb 8, 2016

10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Submit some more applications and maybe won't have to wait until March.
    Carolina Logistics
    Lobos Interstate Services
    Western Express
    Southern Refrigerated Transport

If these also want you to wait until March, then at least you have more choices. Pick the best job offer for starting in March.
    Which state do you live in?

11. GenericUserName

GenericUserName Road Train Member

May 17, 2014
    Santa Monica, CA
    Recruiters are scum of the earth and lie about almost everything. But as long as you disclose everything - leave nothing about your record out - then if they tell you you are qualified, you are qualified. They arent going to waste their time on a guy that wont make it past orientation.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.