Swift DT Rapid Deployment Fleet

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Iceman1984, May 23, 2015.

1. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Always do a Mac 22 to explain the reason you are late.
    If you are going to be later than what you put in the Mac 22, do another one.

Being late isn't what gets you in trouble, it's being late and not telling anyone.

There are reasons they won't accept, like you overslept.
    Or, that you accepted the load knowing that you didn't have the hours to do it.
    Those are things totally in your control.

If they insist that you pick up a load after you have told them that you have HOS issues, make them send it over the Qualcom stating that you won't get a service failure over it.
    NEVER trust a phone conversation, with ANYONE! Always have it sent to you via the QC.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Iceman1984

Iceman1984 Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2013
    Wilmington, NC
    Hmm, I wonder if I'll get a service failure...I sent my DM a QC msg telling him I'd be late and he said I was already committed to it from Friday. It's the third and final load that I was preplanned for and this one's taking me home.

I'm not blaming anyone, and I really like my DM, so that's not my issue. Just don't want to be seen as a slacker who can't deliver on time...

4. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    That's one reason I refuse to be stacked with loads like that.
    2 is bad enough, but 3? No way. Too much possibility for error, and once you commit to a load it is all on you.
    One bad shipper or receiver in the mix hoses the driver big time.

And a message to your DM does nothing useful. You need to sent the Mac 22, as it is the ONLY official means to communicate that information. And, by the way - he should have told you that.
    You DM does not sound that great to me.

You might get a SF out of it, but it isn't the end of the world if you do. They happen, and I've had several in a mix of my fault and not.
    But they fall off the record after a year, so just be more careful how you do things in the future.

I've had 5 service failures in my 4.5 years here. 2 were actually my fault due to over sleeping and the others were circumstances that I had no control over. I got one SF on a load that I actually delivered on time because of some miscommunication.
    Stuff happens, and it can be near to impossible to get it removed after the fact.

Learn from the experience, and don't get stacked too deeply again.

5. dodgeram440rt

dodgeram440rt Heavy Load Member

May 19, 2009
    Piqua, Ohio
    If your delivery is a drop you probably have an extended window that they haven't told you about. You can call and ask what the window is, if your DM is a decent guy he will let you know. Since it is after hours now, you can call ECT and they should let you know what the window is. At least then you will know what your time frame is and if you really are late. And send the mac22 to let them know what you will be there.

6. Iceman1984

Iceman1984 Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2013
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeh, I did the mac22 right after I got loaded. Leaving the second load, I had a bad trailer tire and that took 2 hours to deal with. And then it snowballed when I hit Nashville traffic on Tuesday and Cincy yesterday.

Nah, it's a live unload. And what sucks is, I won't have enough hours on my clock today to make it all the way home.

7. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    As long as you did the Mac 22's with a valid reason you should be OK.

I hate it when I am just shy enough time to make it home until the next day.
    I just extend my PTA out one more day
    I hope the extra day doesn't mess up any important plans for you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.