Swift for an experienced solo driver working out of the Memphis Terminal?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Leftnut, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Leftnut

Leftnut Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Mobile, Al
    Please I don't need questions asking me why I am looking at swift as an experienced driver. I really just want feedback from swift drivers. They have offered me a good pay per mile and their benefits from what I can tell are decent.
    Also I rarely hear negative things about swift from drivers that have been there 5 years or more and I have met quite a few.
    So swift drivers I am ready to pull the trigger on this what do you think?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JAYRODPA

JAYRODPA Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2009
    Dingmans Ferry pa
    Good luck with that. swift driver are going to say good so they get the reference pay. I know guys that tried swift and they all said the same thing. offered good pay but no miles. just like heartland.

4. Leftnut

Oct 23, 2012
    Mobile, Al
    I have not got a name or a truck number from anyone. No driver would be getting a referral bonus on me. So I guess that is not a factor.

A21CAV Thanks this.
  5. Leftnut

Oct 23, 2012
    Mobile, Al
    I understand trucking I didn't just get started and I know how to get loads from point A to Point B in a safe professional manner.
    Just looking for some feedback from swift drivers that may be out of the Memphis Terminal or know about the Memphis Terminal.

6. Milkman719

Milkman719 Medium Load Member

May 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    Maybe shop around here are a few companies you my like

1.Werner
    2.CR England
    3.Stevens
    4.US Express

blairandgretchen and Leftnut Thank this.
  7. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA

Unfair, sir. From what I have seen over the last couple of years, Swift is trying to turn themselves around a bit on driver treatment, especially for the experienced hands. Still a training outfit, but even they see the benefit of a having a core of experienced driver to call upon.

Milkman719 Thanks this.
  8. Leftnut

Oct 23, 2012
    Mobile, Al
    Thank you Milkman maybe with your 4 years experience those companies are better for you, than me.
    Also if I am correct I asked for swift drivers to comment, I have a feeling you are not one.

9. Leftnut

Oct 23, 2012
    Mobile, Al
    Swift is not even close to the only company I have been approved to work for. I just feel in my area there are some options down the road with them.
    MCT- approved
    Southeast Carriers- approved
    Team Transport/Sherman Brothers Tank outfit- approved
    Bynum Transport-approved
    Earl L. Henderson- approved

Those were a few more I was interested in and have talked to others but like I said I wanted some feedback from swift drivers. I don't want to be bashed.

pattyj Thanks this.
  10. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Without these other jokers pulling your leg, maybe look at Bynum - the rest are . . . well, you've been round long enough.

Milkman719 and Leftnut Thank this.
  11. Clyde07

Clyde07 Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2013
    You'll get bashed in here mostly by guys with less than 1 year experience and have never worked for Swift. They just hear the jokes and want to repeat them. Swift is like most big companies. The miles are there for a runner. Check out the Swift threads where several Swift drivers are regular contributors. They are pretty honest with their comments and many have been around for awhile. I suspect they might even see this thread and chime in, but there are several existing Swift threads with good info and they won't mind answering your questions.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.