Swift hiring process.

Discussion in 'Swift' started by rizob, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    Late paying a fine should be OK. Depending whether or not it shows on your MVR. Swift used to go back 5 years.

When they ask about suspensions it reads, "have you EVER had your license suspended?"

Swift found out I had 2 licenses, I had surrendered my class D Florida license for a regular TN license. Florida kept your license active for 16 months after expiration. I had no idea! FL refused to cancel it, and I didn't keep the paper showing I had surrendered my license.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rizob

rizob Light Load Member

May 16, 2010
    Mantua, NJ
    Yea I think I may call them back and tell them the truth. I was planning on saying I didn't tell them because the court told me I could deny I ever had a record (which they did). But I know they are going to ask for proof of the lie I told them and im going to be screwed!!!

I read on here that they make you elaborate on the things you told the recruiter when you go to orientation. What do they do pull you into a room and ask you questions or just give you a more detailed app? Did you see them make anyone give proof of things on their app?

4. richsoucie

richsoucie Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2010
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    i had a couple license suspensions for not paying tickets they just show up as administrative suspensions was never asked any questions

5. rizob

rizob Light Load Member

May 16, 2010
    Mantua, NJ
    Richsoucie, you work at swift? How old were the suspensions and how long ago was it that you were hired?

Thats basically how my suspension shows up. It comes up as "failure to comply court install order" is the exact wording on my dmv report. And then it shows where I got it restored. But thats it.

6. richsoucie

richsoucie Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2010
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    i worked there from november of 2010 to febuary of 2012 and im going back this coming monday. my suspensions were from 2007, 2006 and another from 2005

7. blazblu82

blazblu82 Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    IME, tell them everything! When I was going thru Swift Academy, I was shocked to watch the initial count of students drop to half or less just because some of them failed to inform or lied about their background. I heard one guy was sent home for shooting a chicken in his yard in the city. He claims he wasn't charged, but Swift found it and gave him the boot!

8. DE36535

DE36535 Light Load Member

May 11, 2013
    Foley, AL
    They just go through HireRight, correct?

9. Rug_Trucker

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    And I was told there is another class action suit against Swift for doing back ground checks without consent!

10. Wolfyinc

Wolfyinc Road Train Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Salem, or
    ummm you have to sign a consent form at the recruiter stage

11. Rug_Trucker

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    I don't know the whys and the how of the lawsuit. I guess you can Google it if you are interested in the particulars. OOIDA may be involved in it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.