Swift - New Pay Scale complete details

Discussion in 'Swift' started by richsoucie, Sep 18, 2014.

1. sisterannie

sisterannie Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2014
    New Mexico
    I just checked my husband's Trips Pending Pay and everything he has done since May 1 has been at 46 cpm which is up 2 cents. Regarding accelerated pay, nothing has changed for him.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    So did a new raise actually go through? If so, does anyone care to publish the new pay scale like was done earlier in this thread when the last raise took place?

4. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Yes, it did go through.
    I saw the increase on my check.

I also just made it back to Platinum status after a couple weeks as Gold.
    I'm hoping I can maintain it, what with these 'slow times' and all.
    An extra .05 sounds so much better for the bonus. It's a nice round number.

JOHNQPUBLIC Thanks this.
  5. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
  6. dodgeram440rt

dodgeram440rt Heavy Load Member

May 19, 2009
    Piqua, Ohio
    Sisterannie, the accelerated pay is a bit of a misnomer. It doesn't mean that you will be "paid" for the load immediately. It basically means that the load will be processed to your account as soon as you send your empty call. Supposedly anyway. If you watch your pending pay on your driver portal, the load will show to your pending account soon after your empty call.

When you first start, you have to complete and scan 20 loads before you are put on accelerated pay. During that time, you aren't "paid" for the load until you scan your bills. Once you've completed 20 loads, your pay is "accelerated" to after your empty call. But you still have to scan your bills ASAP after finishing the load. If you wait more than 5 days after you've finished the load to scan your bills, they will drop you from accelerated pay.

What's the benefit of accelerated pay? Let's say you've finished that last 500 mile load at 11:00 pm Wednesday night. With accelerated pay, you are paid as soon as you send your empty call and you have a 3000 mile week. Without accelerated pay, you aren't paid until you scan your bills and you only have 2500 for that week.

Lepton1 and JOHNQPUBLIC Thank this.
  7. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I scan once or twice a week, and sometimes I get kicked off accelerated pay if I've let it go too long.
    But it is reinstated as soon as I get caught up. Usually within 1 day.
    Even so, try to get all pending loads scanned in by Tuesday just to make sure.

sisterannie Thanks this.
  8. Eckoh

Eckoh Medium Load Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Just use the app to scan when you do the empty call

9. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Firstly, I don't have a smart phone so I can't use it.
    Secondly, that app tracks your exact location 24/7 - whether working or on home time.

They use tech to make certain things easier for us, while at the same time being able to use that same tech to monitor our movements to an ever finer degree.
    Just how much personal freedom and privacy are you willing to give up, even considering the 'great' amounts of money we make out here?

The App is one small step, which is furthered by the camera's.
    A front facing camera might help 90% of the drivers involved in an accident, but a driver facing camera will probably hurt 99% of us.
    And those things record 24/7/365, they don't stop.
    Even if you can cover the lens while off duty they will still record the audio of everything you say and do.
    And make no mistake, they can pull the last recorded file(s) at will.
    The camera that Swift is installing has a 4GB memory capacity. That is enough for well over an hour of video and audio.

What might knowing your exact location at every given moment, even while on home time, also give them to use against us?

10. Eckoh

Eckoh Medium Load Member

Aug 26, 2014
    actually the app cannot track you if you simply turn the gps off on your phone... the app also only uses the GPS to see if you are in motion to lock the app so you cannot use it while moving, turn off the GPS and you can read and respond to pre plans without having to stop. The app can only see if you are moving when it is opened, it cannot self launch.

I agree with you on the cams they are stupid and going to cause SWIFT as a company problems. After all the real reason they are doing it is because the government is paying for 90% of it for "testing" purposes to see if they want it to be a requirement to have them.Swift and 2 other companies are getting the cams payed for my the government.

Ketchikan baby and sisterannie Thank this.
  11. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Except that I have other apps, that I use that need my location and they provide a value to me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.